Chapter seven

Zendaya’s P.O.V.

It’s June 28th and school went by so slow. When the bell finally rang, I searched for Trevor. I saw him coming out of the boys’ restroom and I slowly walked towards him, but I stopped when Dominique ran to him. She had a huge smile on her face and hugged him tightly. I was worried, Trevor was mine, not hers. Why is she acting like they’re together? But I’ve been really sad lately and I’m sure Dominique has threaten him better than I did. I shouldn’t be upset about them being with each other so often, I should be glad that my boyfriend and my best friend like each other. But I was upset. Especially after the mail Trevor accidentally sent to me. Trevor said something with a smile on his face. When Dom answered him, he looked confused and his smile faded away. He quickly unlocked his phone and then he got really worried. I also checked my phone and within a few minutes Trevor’s mail was gone. I’m glad I took a picture of it.

Later that day I logged in to Skype and luckily Trevor was online. I called him for a video chat, but he dismissed it. I called again and fortunately he answered. “Hey,” he said. “Hi,” I answered. “Soooo, what do you wanna talk about?” He asked. “I don’t know, how are you? I don’t get to see you at school lately.” I said. “Um, I’m good, how are you?” He answered with a smile. Yay, he didn’t smile like that to me lately. “I’m fine, I guess.” I said and I fake smiled back. “So what did you and Dom do the past few days? You’ve been together a lot.” I said. “I told you, we’re working on a school project.” “And that’s why you two hug in the middle of the hallway from school?” He started thinking. “Can’t friends hug publicly?” “Yes, but so tightly?” I asked him. He couldn’t think of an answer so he shut down our conversation. “Look, I gotta go. I’m sorry. I’ll talk to you later.”

I was very confused until the doorbell interrupted it. When I opened the door there were three people, two women and one man. “Um, excuse me, but who are you?” I asked. “Oh, you silly” the middle one said. “We’re gonna make the most beautiful girl, or should I say woman, of you” the one on the right continued. What were they talking about? I stood there in front of the doorway with a confused look on my face. “We’re Law, Nina & Erin and we’re from the Beyoncé contest you entered. You became second place, so we're here to make you gorgeous.” “Oh yeah, I’m sorry, I totally forgot” I told them while letting them in.

“So, you must be a huge Beyoncé fan, aren’t you?” Law, the stylist asked me. “No, I’m not a Beyoncé fan.” He looked at me with a strange look on his face. “I’m a Bumble Bey” I continued. “Ahh” he said while still having that weird look on his face. “You must be very upset you didn’t get the tickets, right?” the hairstylist, Nina asked. “Yeah” I answered and I looked down at the floor. “You shouldn’t have said that, Nina” Erin the makeup artist said. “Are you happy that you’re the only one who has the best seats, live?” Erin asked. “What do you mean, best seats?” I quickly answered. “Well, you know, you can lay on the couch, get food whenever you want, control the volume of the music and see Beyoncé up-close with 1080p HD cameras” she replied. “Oh, that’s what you mean. Well, doesn’t anyone get to do that when they watch it on DVD?” I asked. “They don’t get to see it live” she answered. “But they can pause it whenever they want to.” She couldn’t think of something else to say to beat me. “I win” I giggled. She laughed at me, in a good way. I didn’t feel sad for awhile.

Right when the fabulous artists were done, the doorbell rang. I wondered who that could be. I opened the door and I was shocked when I saw Trevor who was dressed nice. He took my hand and kissed it. “So, where is this for?” I asked a bit ashamed, because we were still outside and everyone could see us. “I’ll tell you later” he said mysteriously. “Would you please come with me? I promise you this will be an unforgettable night” he said. I had to think. “Well, I don’t know. I was about to watch Beyoncé live on screen.” “Well, I bet this is better, trust me” he answered with a smile. “Well, okay then. It’s because I trust you” I said. “Good” he answered with a huge smile and he kissed my forehead. I went back inside to tell the stylists that I wasn’t going to stay at home. And I let them out. Trevor told me that we had to hurry, so I shut down the lights and locked the door. Trevor let me into his car. He’s such a gentleman. He then drove us to the place we needed to be.