Chapter two

Zendaya's P.O.V.

“One, two, three, four… Zendaya, you’re totally out of time. What’s wrong?” my favorite choreographer Miss Kim Sims-Battiste asked me. “Oh nothing” I answered, but you could definitely tell by the look on my face that something was wrong. Miss Kim also noticed, but she pretended like she believed me so we could just move on. “Okay well, just try to be in time and if there’s something wrong you can always tell me or Dom.” Miss Kim was Dominique’s mom. I knew she was waiting for me to tell her what’s wrong, but I just couldn’t. I was too scared to burst into tears. When I nodded I was glad we moved on, but my mind was still on Beyoncé and how I didn’t get that ticket so I was still out of time. “Okay, I know I shouldn’t be asking you, but what’s wrong with you? Why are you out of time? Can you tell me what happened with you?” Miss Kim asked when I was even more out of time than before. So many questions. I didn’t answer and just looked down at the floor.

Dominique came into the dance school, hopping towards me with a huge smile on her face which made me distracted from what I was thinking of. She made me laugh. It felt like a rainbow after the thunderstorm. Like I’ve never felt happy before. Then there was a silence and I started thinking about that ticket that should’ve been mine all over again. My smile was gone and my eyes got wet. Dominique already knew what was wrong. She didn’t tell Miss Kim, because she never saw her after last night when me and Dom were on the phone. Dominique tried to cheer me on, but she couldn’t like she always could. Sometimes there were smiles, but they were gone soon.

The door opened again and I turned around to see who it was. I smiled and ran into the arms of the one and only person who I want to get married to and have children with, Trevor Howard Lawrence Jackson. When I hugged him I cried like a baby and I just couldn’t handle it anymore. Dominique smiled while saying “Aaaaaahh…” which made me blush. Miss Kim didn’t know what was going on and she was just confused. She first looked at me and Trevor, then at Dominique with a weird face. “I’ll tell you later, mom” Dominique whispered to Miss Kim. Miss Kim nodded and looked back at us.

I didn’t tell Trevor about the not-getting-ticket yet, he was just as confused as Miss Kim. Even though he didn’t know what was happening he hugged me back tight and after a few minutes asked me what’s wrong. “I… I-I…. I d-d…” I tried to say, but I cried even worse. I looked at Dominique and nodded. “She couldn’t get tickets to Beyoncé’s concert” she explained while having that huge smile on her face again. I couldn’t tell if that was because she was the one who did get tickets or that she was hiding something.

Trevor smiled back at her and I felt strange. They never looked at each other liked that. What if they… No that’s impossible, I cannot believe I just thought of that. But… What if they do… Zendaya, get that out of your head, I thought.