Chapter 32

Hannibal started to spend more and more time with Dean. He really enjoyed the company since he hasn't seen Will for days.
Dean brought a kind of energy that Will never really had and he was more enthusiastic about everything. Literally everything. Hannibal could tell him he has a test or an essay and Dean would go on and on about how he would ACE it. Hannibal found it serving to have him around.

Dean joined Hannibal in the sixth form computer room above the libaray and dropped his books beside him. This caused Hannibal to jump suddenly, knocking his open water bottle over which proceeded to soak the folder he had set out in front of him.
"Oh!" Dean gasped "Shit, I'm sorry Hannibal" Dean frantically started to try mop up the mess he had made with  a few tissues he had found in  a quick dig through his bag while Hannibal picked up the folder and shook the water off.
"Don't worry" Hannibal muttered as he inspected the papers for water damage. "None of the papers were  damaged but it looks like I need a new folder" Hannibal laughed a bit as Dean continued to rush around trying to sort it out.

"Calm down, Dean" Hannibal said as he grabbed his arm to make him stop.
"It's fine" Dean spun round and looked at Hannibal, his candy apple eyes met Hannibals blue ones. They stayed like this for a moment before Dean pulled back, laughing slightly and rubbing the back of his neck. Hannibal blinked and looked away, felling slightly embarrassed. Luckily he didn't have much work to do so just as the bell rang he picked everything up and left the school building.

Later in the day, Hannibal decided to go and pick up a new folder to replace his trashed one. He got in his car and drove to the nearest stationary store and walked up. It was one of Hannibal favourite thing to do, buying stationary, but he had to get one thing and that was it. He walked slowly towards the shelves with the folders on and to his surprise he saw Dean there. He looked slightly confused, holding up to binders. He shook his head and mumbled to himself.
"Hey Dean" Hannibal waved to the young boy, making him jump.
"Hiya. Do you know why thidnone is more expensive than this one" He held up to the two folders in his hands   . "They look identical" Hannibal laughed at him. "It's just the brand, that's all"
Dean looked at them again before putting them down. "I just wanted to get you a new one" he half muttered "because I destroyed the other"
Hannibal smiled. It was a very sweet idea.
"You don't have to you know" Hannibal smiled "That's why I am here any ways. I need to get some new highlighters aswell" Dean looked down then his head suddenly snapped up.
"NO!" He snapped "I'm getting you it whether you like it or not!" Hannibal was slightly taken aback by this. He didn't understand why it was such  a big deal for him. Hannibal decided to just let him get one. He walked over to the binders he used and picked one out.
"If you are so adamant to get one" Hannibal pushed the folder to him. "Get this one"
Dean seemed happy enough with this.
"Thank you." He said as he tucked the folder under his arm before walking off towards the check out area. Hannibal smiled slightly and shook his head as he watched Dean walk over, awkwardly trying to pull his wallet of of his back pocket.

Hannibal made his way over to the highlighters and he picked out a packets before turning around to see Dean next to him again. It made him jump a little. Dean laughed a bit.
"Sorry about that" Dean lifted up the carrier bag with the the new folder in and handed it over to Hannibal.
"Thank you, Dean" He took it and went to pay for the highlighters with Dean following closely behind.

Hannibal looked at his watch. Seeing that it was 12.30pm he figured he ma aswell get lunch while he was out. After placing his highlighters in the bag with a folder he turned to Dean.
"Do you want to get lunch?" He asked. Dean thought about it for a minute before checking his wallet. He sighed.
"Sorry Hannibal. I can't afford it this time around" Dean muttered as he shoved his wallet back into his pocket. Hannibal held up his hand "Not to worry" Hannibal smiled "This time it's on me"
"Wow" Dean laughed "You do know how to treat a boy don't you" Dean put his hand on Hannibals shoulder and looked him deep in his eyes. Hannibal stared, taken aback slightly, taking in the colours that were in his eyes. With deep sincerity Dean said "I love food"
Dean wiped a fake tear from his face before laughing hard and side stepping so they could walk together.

"A bacon double cheeseburger for me my good man" Dean said faking a posh accent. Hannibal smiled at the boy.
"What have I gotten myself into?"