Chapter 45

"Will?"

Will was broken form his daydream and looked towards the voice. Sat in a hospital wheelchair in a gown and a pair of track suit bottoms was Hannibal. Will did not know what to say. Did he know that Will followed him to the hospital when he was stabbed and stayed with him while he slept? Will didn't know. He stuttered, trying to find the correct words which said that he didn't know what happened to Hannibal to cause him to come to the hospital, but he couldn't find them.

Sensing the awkwardness of the situation, the detective thought it was better to just move along, so he urged the nurse to keep going saying how Will needed to see the doctor sooner rather than later. Will was relieved but felt bad that he didn't know how to talk to his once best friend anymore.

"thank you" Will whispered to Novak with a weak smile. Novak just nodded in response and they finished the journey to the cubicle he was going to be staying in. Will waited for around 30 minutes for a doctor to show up and take his vitals while asking questions about his general health and what had occurred to make him faint. Both the doctor and the detective noticed his heart rate would increase at the mention of the bangs earlier that evening and stood just out of ear shot of Will. He watched as they exchanged conversation and a few glances towards Will before the detective shook his hand and went back in to speak to Will.

"The doctor said you seem fine, but he is worried about your heart rate when we talk about last night" Will nodded. He wondered when he could go home and to bed, he was exhausted after the events of the night. "He's going to speak to a specialist to come see you"

"Like a cardiologist?" Will asked but Novak shook his head.

"More like a psychiatrist" Novak said, answering Wills question. Will didn't like the sound of that too much but if he could maybe convince the psychiatrist that there were actually noises and someone was braking in, perhaps he could also convince the police. Will nodded and looked down at his hands, already thinking of ways to say what he wanted to say without sounding too crazy. The detective put his hand reassuringly on Wills leg and gave it a squeeze before stepping out of the room to make a phone call. 'Most likely to Jack' Will thought.

Time ticked by while he waited and soon it was gone midnight, so he decided to shut his eyes and try to get some sleep before he took on the task of telling a psychiatrist what had happened. Hopefully they would believe him.