Something: Dylan O'Brien + Sister!TBS (2)

∙ Part 2 ∙

| y/n |

I woke up with a smile on my face, something I hadn't done in a while. Last night was... different. When I asked Dylan to go for some food, I didn't realize what it would turn into. Of course, I knew there was something there. Thomas made that very clear whenever Dylan was around. Thomas would get overprotective, just like last night.

We agreed that at this get-together today, with the rest of The Maze Runner cast that we wouldn't let on. Which was my idea, I don't want Thomas getting upset and causing a fuss over something that isn't clear yet. As I said, Dylan and I have something... different. We both know that Thomas knows that. We never acted on it until now, until filming was finished. I was hoping it would make things easier for... well, everyone.

I was in the middle of getting ready, I was certainly taking my time. I couldn't avoid Thomas forever. He wanted answers and he would get them, he is the big brother after all. Knock Knock, "y/n?" Thomas questioned through the door, "Are you dressed?" he asked. I pulled on my red vest top, which I was wearing with some basic black jeans.

Pulling the door open, I questioned, "What do you-" I cut myself off as I looked at him, "is that breakfast for me?"

"I was gonna bring you breakfast in bed, to say sorry for shouting at you..." Thomas trailed off, the frown wasn't on his face today. Instead, it was replaced with puppy dog eyes. I knew what he was doing, he was trying to soften me up. Just so he could start asking questions. I can remember when he did it to Ava. She had told me all her tricks, Thomas didn't find out until a year later. Ava also said to play along, I can understand what she means now. If it means I don't have to make my breakfast for a couple of days, may as well.

I smiled at him, "it's alright, Tommy... your only looking out for me." I wondered if his face was hurting from having to keep the frown away, "I'll be out in a minute," I said, leaving the door open so he could peek inside. That's why he made me breakfast in bed.

| Dylan |

I was getting impatient with myself, I couldn't find anything to wear. It was only a casual get together but at the same time for y/n and me, it was much more than that. Or, maybe I was over thinking it.

I was probably over thinking it. I looked at the time. This day really wasn't going well, I was already late. I tutted and grabbed a plain t-shirt and jeans and ordered an Uber. If I was any later people would start suspecting, wouldn't they?

No, Dylan, now your just being ridiculous. I scolded myself as I got in the Uber. It wasn't far to the restaurant so unless traffic made the cars come to a standstill, I wouldn't be too late.

☁︎

| Thomas |

We pulled up to the restaurant on our bikes, I heard y/n mumbling something to herself. I looked at her, "what?" she asked, "I have to talk to her sometimes..." she trailed off, motioning to the bike she added, "she gets lonely." y/n attempted to keep a straight face but it failed at the last second. I couldn't judge, sometimes I talk to my bike.

"Looks like were the last to turn up," I said scanning the restaurant and finding the table we were at.

"Dylan's not here," y/n said, I looked at her. The frown on my face and she said, clearly annoyed, "what? he's not!" she held her hands out at the table, expecting me to look again. He wasn't but why was she saying it?

Kaya hugged y/n straight away and dragged her off. Ki Hong gave me a pat on the back and I sat down. Y/n and I couldn't be sitting any further apart. "I think y/n and Dylan are seeing each other," I said to Ki Hong, my eyes still on y/n. She was whispering something to Kaya.

"About time," Ki Hong mumbled, "you really think it would be that bad if they were?" he asked. I shrugged, I didn't know. No, it probably wouldn't be that bad, but what happens if he breaks her heart? "He might not break her heart, Thomas," Ki Hong said as if he read my mind. "Just don't bug her about it," he said.

If that was anyone else saying that to me, I would have told them to mind their own business.

| y/n |

Kaya had pulled me to the other side of the table to Thomas. She wanted to talk to me, I had told her what had happened last night. "I only saw the text this morning," she apologized.

"Oh no, don't worry about it, really," I said, adding, "I don't know what to do, look, Thomas, is watching me," I whispered to her. She glanced in Thomas' direction, "I dunno how Ava did it, I really don't" I laughed awkwardly. I looked at the door and saw Dylan through the window.

I shuffled in my seat and Kaya laughed and squeezed my arm, "why don't you go and ask him what last night was, Thomas won't - or should I say, can't - do anything," Kaya nudged me slightly. I huffed and looked at Thomas, who was deep in conversation with Dexter and Will.

"Alright, how do I look?" I asked, then shook my head and waved my arm, telling Kaya it didn't matter. I got up and walked over to the door. I wasn't looking back at the table, then I would stop walking. I opened the restaurant door and walked slowly over to Dylan. "Dylan?" I questioned.

He jumped, nearly dropping his phone. "I was just texting you, to see- never mind-" he shook his head.

It was now or never, I had to speak now. "I actually came out here because I think we need to talk about last night..." I trailed off, "what was it?" I asked.

Dylan sighed, putting his phone in his pocket and stepping closer, a lot closer. "It was something that should have happened a long time ago... the thing that was stopping me, or us, was Thomas and I totally get what he was doing but..." he trialled off. I looked Dylan up and down, he looked so annoyed. But, no at me, or Thomas, at himself.

I put my hand on his cheek, "Dylan, you know how I feel..." but I knew I had never really told him. I wasn't going to let this slip through my fingers again. I went up on my tiptoes and placed a light kiss on his lips. It didn't take him long to react.

"So, are we?"

"If you want us to be?"

"Oh yeah, I really do!" he smiled widely and pulled me into a tight hug.

When we walked into the restaurant, everyone was smiling but Thomas. I glanced at Dylan, I shrugged. He was a problem for another time. He wouldn't say anything here, he wasn't one for causing a scene. No matter how pissed off he would be, he would never embarrass his sisters.

Thanks for reading! Sorry this is really rubbish and sorry its been so long.