Something: Dylan O'Brien + Sister!TBS

∙ Part 1 ∙

| y/n |

I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, that was the only way I would be able to tell when it was ringing. I wouldn't be able to hear it ringing otherwise. I slowed on my motorbike, that's it nice and slow. I usually talked to her- the motorbike- in my head. It wasn't mine, you see, I felt as though I needed to persuade her into doing what I wanted. I had inherited her from my brother, I didn't like to say or think it but I didn't like it much. I was thankful that as soon as I got my license I was given it, but it didn't feel right. It was as if it still obeyed Thomas, a bit like a wand. I would never tell him that, this was still his baby, he loved this bike very much. More than me, I'm sure. But, at least I could call her mine. Thomas had been the reason I wanted to learn, he also helped teach me, it was only right he passed down his motorbike.

I knew as soon as the phone began to buzz again that it was my brother ringing. He always checked up on me when I was driving, I understand that it's a big brother thing... Just sometimes, like now, I wondered when he would stop. At that moment, I could see my brother crossing his arms in the kitchen as I stood in the doorway asking him what I had just thought, "Never. I'm your brother it's my job..." he would trail off and once I rolled my eyes he would form a grin on his face and add, "to annoy you." I smiled to myself at the memory and realised I needed to pull into a service station. Mainly to answer the phone but also to fill up. Thomas would kill me if I came back with a next to empty tank and had to borrow some of his.

I spotted one about ten minutes later and pulled in, heading to fill up the tank. I pulled off my helmet once I had parked, I let out a breath, it was always a nice feeling to take your helmet off. I shook my hair so it fell past my shoulders and down my back. I knew I probably looked like the slow-motion scenes in movies but it was needed. I felt as though I had been cooped up in there for a while. I ran my fingers through my hair as I got off the motorbike, I will always be thankful I inherited the wavy hair jean, like Ava. I always made fun of Thomas, he always looked as though he used to straighten his hair. Maybe he did...

I left my helmet on the seat as I put the pump in and began filling up my motorbike. As if on time, my phone began buzzing again. I was able to answer this time, "Hello?"

"Took your time," Thomas tutted down the phone.

"I had to find a service station, Thomas. Unless you wanted me to answer the phone while driving?" I raised an eyebrow even though he couldn't see. I could just imagine his face. That frown he always had on him, with on hand on his hip standing with his leg slightly out. I knew this because he often looked at me like that, especially when I left my cup on the side without washing it. Thomas and I lived together, no matter where we were in the world. I followed him everywhere. Right now, we were in America, our motorbikes followed us here. Thomas never called me his assistant but that was exactly what I was. I didn't mind, that meant I didn't have to get a 'proper' job just yet.

"No, I didn't..." Thomas trailed off, "how's my girl anyway?" He asked. I rubbed my face as I studied the motorbike.

"Ah, she's good, just topping her up now-"

Thomas cut me off, "No, I meant you," he laughed and added, "but glad you're looking after her, she's very-"

I cut him off this time, "special to you, yes I know," I huffed. "What do you want, Thomas?" I asked as I struggled to remove the pump and put it back.

"Wanted to know if you want me to make you dinner later?" Thomas asked as I picked up my helmet and walked to the shop. I didn't look around the shop, I went straight up to the cashier.

"You never make me dinner," I scoffed. The cashier gave me a smile, it was a strange one which meant they thought I was talking to a boyfriend, "My brother," I said to the cashier, she nodded and the smile left her face, "number..." I trailed off and looked to see which bay I was in, "3." I smiled at the cashier as I kept the phone wedged between my ear and shoulder while holding my helmet and attempting to get my money out.