"My names Chuck and that was awesome!": Newt

Requested by gleek233

Caitee had been in the maze long enough that she believed she wasn't getting out of here. She never said anything to anyone, a lot of them still had hope and they had been there longer than she had. Newt was one of them. He had noticed that she was acting very off with everyone. At first, he thought it was just him but she was even acting off with Minho. Caitee and Minho had been close ever since she came up in the maze. It was as if they knew each other before, it wasn't romantic love and they believed that it wasn't before the Maze either. 

"Your girlfriends been acting very distant lately," Minho said to Newt, they were watching Caitee sitting under the tree. She just wanted some space, they all needed that sometimes.

"Maybe she's having second thoughts" Gally commented as he walked past them. He was always trying to cause trouble. There wasn't a day that went by where he didn't comment on Newt and Caitee's relationship. Sometimes he would end up winding Caitee up so much she was forced to go into the slammer to calm down. She had nearly taken Gally's eye out once during their ring fight. Gally and Caitee jumped at the opportunity to fight each other in the ring when they welcomed the newbie. Alby and Newt always had to watch them very closely. 

Caitee looked up and saw Gally approaching her, "if you've come over here to bug me, Gally, just turn around and shuck off."

Gally stopped next to her, he was keeping his distance, "no need for the language, greenie."

"I'm not a greenie!" Caitee shouted and Gally held his hands up in defence, "stop calling me that, it's annoying," Caitee said calmly, understanding Gally's surrender. 

Gally sat down in the spot he was standing, not daring to go any closer, "I just wanted to see if you were okay..." Gally trailed off, watching Caitee closely. 

Caitee scoffed and looked at Gally shaking her head, "no you aren't. You're here to see if I'm having second thoughts about Newt." 

"You really think that lowly of me?" Gally asked. 

Caitee took a moment to reply, "do you want me to answer that truthfully?" she asked. Gally's eyes said no but he replied 'yes'. "Yeah, Gally, I do." 

Gally looked away from Caitee, "well I ain't..." Caitee waited for Gally to say why he was here, "we can all see you aren't yourself... I know what your thinking, I think the same." 

Caitee stood up, "I highly doubt that, Gally. Please just stop bugging Newt and I. We are happy." She began walking away but stopped when Gally spoke. 

"I know you think we aren't getting out of here. I think that too." 

Caitee carried on walking, she really didn't want to talk to Gally. He was only there to wind her up, to make her snap so she would be put in the slammer again. 

To Caitee's surprise, Gally hadn't said anything nasty to her or Newt. The alarm woke Caitee up. Another greenie. Caitee ran out to the box, the boys crowded around the box, laughing. Caitee pushed through the crowd, "Move!" she shoved someone. It was Gally, she paused as she waited for him to say something. He said 'sorry', Caitee first thought that he was changing. "What are you doing?" she demanded, glaring at Newt. There was a boy, younger than all of them, Caitee was sure of that. He was so scared, Caitee felt her blood boil as she spun around to scold the other boys, "how could you treat a greenie like that? Help the poor boy out of the box!" 

The boys looked slightly scared, often they needed a telling off, especially when it came to greenbeans. They sometimes forgot they were once one themselves. Caitee couldn't forget her day coming up in the box.

Caitee took it upon herself to look after the greenbean, she didn't trust the others. "This is why people still call you Greenie. It's supposed to be the-"

"I know, Newt. You don't have to tell me." She said bluntly, she was still mad at him. "When the previous greenie doesn't laugh or make fun of the new one... that's when they can look after them." Caitee looked away from the sleeping greenie and towards Newt. Then spotted Gally coming up behind. 

"I see he's in capable hands... I'll see you later" Newt said awkwardly. Something had gotten in the way of their relationship and Caitee wondered who had said what. Has she said something to Newt and they couldn't remember? Was it the other way around? Or was it someone else altogether? Caitee watched Gally approach. 

"How's the greenie doing?" he asked. 

"Fine, no thanks to you boys" Caitee huffed, "he still hasn't said anything. But, Frypan gave him some food and chatted with him while I washed his clothes..." Caitee sighed, she felt so bad for the greenie. He was so scared her klunked his pants. "I think they mostly talked about food" Caitee laughed, looking at Gally. 

He laughed, "sounds like Frypan, he'll be happy to have someone to talk food with."

"Yeah he will, maybe greenbean will be able to work in the kitchen," Caitee wondered. 

"Definitely" Gally agreed. It's hard to believe that Gally and Caitee used to talk like this all the time, but when she and Newt got together, Gally changed. He became nasty. Now it was as if none of that actually happened. Caitee wouldn't admit it, neither would Gally, but they missed being friends, they did have a similar mindset. They both had little hope. 

At the kitchen, Newt was asking Frypan what the greenie had said. But, his mind was distracted as he spotted Gally and Caitee laughing. Gally was getting too close to her for Newt's liking. Newt could see Gally was about to touch her, pull her in and he wasn't going to have it. Caitee was starting to notice that Gally was now flirting and she tried moving away. "Oi!" Newt shouted from the kitchen, sometimes he had some lungs on him. Caitee looked up at him, but Gally ignored him. "Hands off!" Newt shoved Gally with significant force. It caused the greenie to wake up. Caitee pulled the greenie into a hug to comfort him as Newt and Gally started arguing. She was hoping Alby would come over and sort it out. She had to deal with the Greenie. "I said, hands off. Can't you see she doesn't want that?" Newt demanded, but he didn't leave time for Gally to answer, "You're the one stirring everything, aren't you?"

"No, I think Frypan stirs a lot" Gally gave a sarcastic comment, knowing it would push Newt a little further. And it pushed him further than Gally anticipated. Newt took a swing at him and didn't miss. Gally fell to the floor. Newt was about to jump on him, Caitee pulled him back. 

"No, Newt. That's enough. We have a greenie watching." Caitee said, pulling Newt and the greenie away from Gally. 

"My names Chuck and that was awesome!" the greenie said holding out his hand for Newt to shake it, Newt and Caitee looked at each other and laughed. They liked this greenie. 

Thanks for reading! Sorry, it's taken so long...