Black hair, Brown eyes: Thomas (2)

Part 2

"Tommy," she said, "no matter what happens, do what's right." The boy with black hair and brown eyes didn't understand why she was talking like that, he looked to the box and back at the girl but she had passed out.

She had been sitting at her post, they had been monitoring her for weeks. She wasn't the only one being monitored, Thomas was too and another girl. She had dark hair and blue eyes. They'd all been taken into surgery, now they were back to work. She couldn't think what they had done, she had forgotten. She knew that Ms Paige had told them before they had been sedated. She didn't dare make eye contact with either of them. "y/n," her name echoed, but it wasn't from the world she was in now. She looked up and her eyes met the girl. Before she could process the girls look on her face, she was snatched up and dragged out of the room. She did not fight. She did not scream. She knew it was her. Tommy, she thought. Y/n? She heard in her mind. What was this? She awoke on a bed. "Good afternoon, y/n, I'm afraid it's time for you to go into the Maze," Ms Paige said, "I'm sorry. But we have to, it's for the best. Remember WCKD is good." She felt herself slip from reality, one memory she clung onto in hope that Thomas would see it too. She knew that they were connected somehow. She didn't know exactly how, again Ms Paige had told them but she could not remember, now everything was slipping from her. But that memory she clung to as if she was falling off the edge of a cliff. "When it comes, you do the right thing."

y/n bolted upright and she gasped for air. No one else was in the room, only an unmade bed next to her. She pushed the thin sheet off her and swung her legs over the edge. She held her head as a pain began to throb. Where was everyone? She wondered. She stumbled out of the shack, they were all walking away from the tree house. "What-" she whispered to herself as she made her way over there. As she got closer she saw two people up there, she knew it was Thomas up there and she had another feeling she knew the girl.

"Finally another girl around, maybe you can sit up there with her and braid each other's hair" Gally teased. Y/n ignored him. She was still stumbling and she wonders what happened to her. She was confused and she had no idea what she was doing or where she was really. All she knew was that she had to get to Thomas and the girl.

Thomas knew the girl too, her name- which she had told him while holding a machete at him- was Teresa. "Thomas, there's another girl here, isn't there?" She asked after Thomas had inspected the serum she had handed him.

"Yes, her names y/n," Thomas said, "how did you know?"

"We're all connected in some way, I know I know how but I can't remember," Teresa frowned, looking down at the empty space below the tree house. "She was asleep just like me, now she's awake." Thomas was about to ask her how she knew but he just knew too.

"Thomas!" y/n shouted from below, Thomas and Teresa looked over the edge.

"y/n!" Thomas panicked, seeing her nearly fall over. He went down the ladders as quickly as he could, Teresa following. He kept her steady, "where are the med-jacks?" He asked, looking over and spotting Newt. He'll be able to help. "Newt!" He yelled. Newt was quick to act.

"Tommy... do what's right, the girl she's a-" but y/n couldn't finish her sentence, and she had fallen into a deep sleep again.

No one knew what was wrong with her. "Maybe its a delayed reaction to coming here?" Minho offered, "that's not uncommon." He shrugged.

"Are you all ignoring the obvious?!" Gally yelled.

"Keep it down, this is a medical area-"

"Oh come on! She's completely out of it!" Gally continued to shout. "Everything starts to change as soon as Thomas- should I say, Tommy- shows up!" He mocked the nickname y/n and Newt had for Thomas. "Then the first girl shows up and seems to act completely normal, not to mention knows more about the Glade than a regular Greenie does. Two weeks later, off schedule- did I mention- another girl shows up with that note and serum! Also claims to know Thomas and y/n." Gally finally took a breath, "is no one drawing the lines here?" He asked.

The Gladers looked at him, they didn't know what to say. They couldn't really do anything until she woke up and who knows when that would be. For all Gally knew it was an after effect to coming up in the box and she had only just reacted now. As Minho said, it wasn't uncommon for a delayed reaction.  

The night y/n finally woke up was not a good night for the Gladers. They had lost so many people that night, all while she slept in her bed. She knew that Gally would have something to say, she suspected that others would too. But, it was only Gally, the other Gladers knew that there was something bigger going on. Once again, she stumbled out the shack, she froze as she saw the Glade. It looked nothing like it had the last time she had seen it. It was silent, she had never known the Glade or the Maze to be this silent, she was pretty sure it was new to all the other Gladers too. 

There were fires everywhere, that was the source of light around the glade. She didn't shout for anyone, she didn't want the attention on her, tonight wasn't about her. It was about the people the Gladers had lost. "You!" y/n turned to see who was shouting, it was Gally. 

"Gally, it wasn't-" But, he pushed past y/n and went to Thomas and Teresa, who had appeared. Gally took a clean shot to Thomas, he fell to the floor, Teresa helped Thomas, while y/n ran to stop Gally. "Gally, stop. This isn't helping," y/n said, her hands pushing his chest, trying to stop him from moving closer to Thomas. Gally was much stronger than y/n but he listened to her. Gally looked down at the small girl in front of him. A memory sparked in Gally's their minds. Was it WCKD who had sparked the memory for Gally? Or was it y/n? 

It played out in a similar way. The subjects were allowed two breaks a day, this was where all the children that WCKD had 'recruited' talked and played. They were still classed as children but they weren't really, some of them were about to make history. Some of them had just designed a test to find the cure. Some of them were the cure. 

Thomas was getting jealous, he continued to look over to y/n. Since Gally had arrived, he hadn't made many friends, y/n was the only one to stick with him. She could see some good in everyone. Both Gally and y/n could see that Thomas was getting more wound up. "What's his problem?" Gally demanded. y/n sighed, she was just getting through to him. They were becoming good friends, but of course, Thomas had to ruin it. 

"I don't know, Gally, just leave it, please?" she placed a hand on his. Which sparked a feud and hatred that would transcend. Thomas shot up out of his chair, Newt tried to hold him back. Gally was watching Thomas, not acknowledging y/n or her hand. He stood up too. He was more controlled because Gally was in the right for once. "Tommy," she pleaded, asking him to step down before he was put down. y/n knew Gally had anger problems, she didn't want Thomas getting hurt because she knew that she would then hurt Gally. She would do that by defending Thomas, not Gally. She would always side with Thomas. 

It happened very quickly for all who were involved. Thomas had fallen to the floor, Newt had gone to help him. y/n was pushing on Gally's chest with her hands, screaming, "Stop it! They'll send you in the Maze!" she hit his chest. Gally looked at her, he couldn't read her, until she said softly, "I'm sorry, Gally..." 

Gally stumbled back as y/n once again turned to Thomas. He wished she had seen it too. He had messed it up. All this time hating her, believing she was the reason something bad was happening but really... she was the one keeping them all together. "y/n," he said in a small voice. But, she wasn't listening she was too busy with Thomas. He had just stung himself on purpose. 

No one knew what was going to happen next. Gally could hear y/n saying, 'do the right thing'. She had never said that to him but she had heard her say it to Thomas enough. But, not everyone's right way is the same. 

Thanks for reading! I think I left this too long because I have forgotten where I wanted to take it...