Green Bean: Thomas x Younger Sister!Reader (2.2)

"Where to now? Frypan asked and the gladers turned to Thomas, as they always did.

"We find them," he said and the gladers knew they were in for a fight. They weren't leaving here without either of them, no matter what. They scouted the corridors in search of any signs of the girls. Thomas and Minho using their runner skills once again. W.C.K.D seemed to underestimate them too much, did they really think they wouldn't find out and break out?

Thomas stopped short as he came face to face with a doctor. She put her hands up and backed away but made a quick move to set off the alarm before Thomas could grab her. "Take me to her," he said, when she didn't move, he raised his voice, "Now!"

The doctor opened the door, yet there was only Teresa in the room. Thomas was happy about it, but his stomach dropped at the same time. Her teddy was still there, another thing Ratman had lied about. He grabbed it as the others were securing the room and tucked it under his belt, then helped Teresa up. "Help me with this," he said motioning to the window.

Newt and Thomas lifted up a stool and smashed the window, putting a blanket over the glass so Teresa wouldn't cut her bare feet. She was so groggy when she woke up that for a moment she forgot where she was. Though it was nothing like when she woke up in the maze so she hoped that was a good thing. "Where y/n?" she asked as they ran through the corridors.

"In here!" Newt said, looking through a door, he used the Doctors passkey and barged in. There was no one in there but her. She didn't make a sound despite the noise and commotion happening and Newt knew something wasn't right. "y/n," he repeated as he shook her. But, she stayed asleep.

"She's not dead is she?" Minho asked.

"Minho!" Newt shouted at him, "no she's not dead."

"She's sedated," Teresa said, stroking her cheek. Thomas didn't waste any more time, he picked her up in his arms with the blanket and started out the door.

"Thomas, maybe I should?" Frypan offered. Thomas didn't turn him down, he knew Frypan would be able to hold her longer and he needed his arms to fight. She was safe with Frypan, perhaps even safer.

"Alright, let's move," Thomas said, leading the way out the door. As they ran through the facility to the main doors, two things were on Thomas' mind; where was Aris and will y/n wake up.

They reached the main doors. They were bolted shut and the passkey wasn't working. "Thomas!" Aris shouted running up to them, he was waving something in his had. It was another passkey, Thomas took it and scanned it. "Told you it'll be worth it," Aris said as the doors sounded and began opening.

"Everyone ready?" Minho asked as he geared himself up to run once again. Behind them, an army of Ratman's men begin piling through. "It's now or never, Thomas," Minho presses.

"Teresa!" Thomas jolts forward after her as she sprits through the doors and into the darkness. Though Thomas is annoyed, the others are thankful. They needed a push to get them out the door and just like in the maze, it was Teresa who too the first step.

They ran and ran, none of them could push away the deja vu they were feeling as they did so. Many were wondering when they were able to stop running for their lives. When would they find peace, happiness, calm? None of them knew what these words truly meant. They only had fragments and traces of these feelings.

"Thomas, I gotta stop," Frypan gasps as he clutches y/n tightly, "I can't hold her much longer." Thomas and the group slow to a jog, but Teresa races on and drops out of sight.

They curse her out and rush to find her in the burnt darkness. They come face to face with a scorched building with a trace of bare foot prints. "Shucking hell, she couldn't have picked a creepier place if she tried," Winston mutters as they climb into the broken window. Frypan looses his footing in the sand, yet he manages to keep hold of y/n. He would have never dropped her no matter what he faced, he was doing this for Thomas; his friend.