Black hair, Brown eyes: Thomas

Requested by stydiasbane

She could hear laughter. It wasn't just her laughter, there was someone else there with her. Her eyes opened, she was in a field lying down. She looked to her left, a boy with black hair and brown eyes was looking at her, smiling. "Nothing's gonna be the same, is it?" She asked the boy. She knew his name, it was Thomas. She often called him Tommy, it was a name that had come up when they were kids. She struggled to say Thomas when she was younger, she couldn't remember why. 

"No," replied Thomas, "they need me to do it, but I won't let them hurt you." He moved a piece of her hair out of her face, she smiled. She knew that, but they were much more powerful than them. "I have to do it," he said, the fear was laced into his tone. 

"You do what you need to survive, Thomas," she said, caressing his face. "But, when it comes, you do the right thing, you'll know it when you see it." 

The memory slipped away from them both. 

Why were they both having the same 'dream'? 

Thomas was trying to pull the memory back to him but he was soon distracted by a noise he had not long heard. He shot out of his canopy, his eyes fell on the box. Someone was here. A name popped into to his head, but he couldn't hold onto it and it left as soon as it came. "Come on, Greenie" Gally shouted to Thomas as he ran past. Thomas wasn't sure why he wasn't already making his way over there. 

y/n gasped for air, she knew what she had seen in the dream really happened. She tried, like Thomas, to hold onto the name but her own and his faded away. She covered her eyes as light poured in, she hadn't realised where she was. Her eyes adjusted to the light and the box she was in was surrounded by people. She realised they were all boys. Not a girl in sight. They all had the same expression, confusion. A boy with dark hair and brown eyes pushed through the crowd and help out his hand. y/n took it and climbed out, she felt the eyes on her. "Welcome to the Glade," one boy said, finally snapping out of the trance some of the others were still in, "the names Alby, I'm the leader around here." He stuck out his hand and y/n shook it, "It's alright, your name will come back to you eventually..." he realised that the boys were still staring at her. She was looking at them, rather than Alby. He clapped his hands, "alright! back to work!" he said loudly, the boys walked away muttering. "You too, Thomas," Alby said to the boy with black hair and brown eyes. 

y/n sat down as she heard the name Thomas. "Thomas, Thomas, Thomas" she repeated to herself. 

"You alright there?" Alby asked, bending down, keeping his distance. They hadn't had anyone act like this before. "You know him?" he questioned, hearing what she was saying. 

"I know that name," y/n said, Alby expected her voice to sound different than it did. He wasn't sure what he was expecting. "But, I can't remember my own," y/n frowned. 

"It's alright, we've all been through it, Thomas was our latest arrival," Alby explained, sitting down. "I have to tell you the rules of this place, alright?" he asked, y/n nodded. 

Thomas was distracted, "Tommy, are you going to help or just stand there staring at the Greenbean?" Newt asked. 

"Tommy" Thomas repeated and frowned. 

"Don't you like that nickname?" Newt asked, stopping what he was doing. If Thomas wasn't going to be doing work, he wasn't either. He also had a feeling this was going to require his full attention. 

"No no, it's just someone else used to call me that," Thomas explained. 

"The girl?" Newt asked. Thomas didn't reply, only looked at Newt. "The girl," Newt said as if it was just confirmed in the look. "The only thing I can offer you, Tommy, is that you talk to her." Newt shrugged and carried on with his work, Thomas dropped the knife and walked to the girl. "Not now!" Newt shouted at him but huffed and gave up.