Chapter 34 - I'm Coming For You

Hi guys, don't forget to hit that vote button before reading! Enjoy...

~ Jordan's POV ~

It was absolutely dead silent, everyone had stood up from the couches but no one still said a word, we all just stared at Kaito who was happily grinning back at us. I was holding Leo in my arms protectively, I wasn't about to take any chances with Kaito in the room - I didn't know what he was planning but I do remember how he threatened Leo before.

"Adrian, it's nice to see you again." Adrian tensed up from his position which was slightly behind me, we were the furthest away from Kaito but for some reason we were the only ones the Japanese mobster was focussed on. Adrian's breathing increased and I could literally feel the anger radiating off him but I knew there was no way he would react with Leo right next to him. It took us all some time to get over the initial shock and also to be able to find the right words to say in a situation like this. Having someone as dangerous as Kaito who's also caused so much shit for this family just walk into our living room as the new fiancé of the youngest De Mancuso sibling wasn't an easy thing to comprehend straight away. Especially with that bloody grin on his face, all you wanted to do is wipe it off.

"Mia are you screwed up in the head? Why would you bring him here?" Matteo was absolutely furious at his younger sister who seemed like she was prepared for this reaction but before Mia could respond, Angelo jumped in. "He's probably blackmailing her, don't worry Mia whatever it is we won't judge - we've all probably done worse, tell us and we'll help you."

"He's not blackmailing me, don't be ridiculous Angelo." Mia rolled her eyes and took a seat on the couch nearest to the door where she was standing with Kaito. She tugged on his hand pulling him down next to her and they both got comfortable. Great now I have to burn my couch.

"Why Mia?" This time it was Carlotta who finally got over the shock of seeing her ex-best friend, Antonia's ex, the same guy who Antonia cheated on her brother Adrian with, now engaged to her younger sister. It's all a bit messed up really, sorry it's a bit hard to keep up.

"Kaito and I unexpectedly met when I was away on a shoot in Tokyo. He hadn't seen me for such a long time since you cut Antonia off ages before they actually broke up and he'd been broken up with Antonia for quite a while. Anyway, we got talking and eventually we just fell in love."

"You fell in love? With him? The guy who's threatened both Jordan and Leo multiple times while working for Dante?" Matteo glared at Mia with pure anger evident in his eyes, I've always known Matteo was extremely protective of both Leo and I, even though we may argue but we're still family and family always have each other's backs.

Mia's eyes widened in 'shock' before travelling over to me then to Kaito as if connecting the dots before turning back to Matteo. "I didn't know that."

"Yeah I freaking doubt that, it's pretty much public news." Mia quickly shook her head at her brother and sat up straight getting ready to defend herself. "No Matteo, I know he and Adrian don't get on because of their history with Antonia and I know you guys worked with Kaito but it all ended badly when you screwed up. But I didn't know he threatened my nephew, don't act like I would want him hurt, I love Leo."

"When we screwed up?!" Matteo was so close to losing his temper I'm glad Adrian spoke up before he could. If anyone was going to lose their temper first it was going to be me.

"And Jordan?" Adrian's voice was cold and curt when he added my name in. Mia turned towards her eldest brother with irritation evident and confusion on her face. "What?"