Chapter 22 - You Don't Fall In Love

~ Adrian's POV ~

I watched Jordan take Leo out of the crib next to our bed, mumbling things quietly to him to calm him down while she sat down on the bed next to me to feed him. The sun was shining through the window onto the two of them causing me to smile. It was the best thing in the morning to wake up next to them, the most important people in my life.

"Jordan." Her eyes moved away from Leo who was busy feeding from her and towards me. "Sorry did I wake you up?" I shook my head and sat up a little to look at her properly. "No, I'm going to Milan today so I needed to wake up early." She frowned but nodded, she didn't like it when I went to Milan but it was important, even though I want to protect Jordan and Leo, I couldn't forget that I am the leader of the mafia, I have responsibilities which I need to fulfill.

"Are you coming home today or tomorrow?" I kissed her forehead and got up from the bed heading towards the bathroom. "I'll see, I'm not planning to stay overnight there but I may end up getting back here in the middle of the night." She nodded and turned her attention back to Leo who began to whine about something or another. He's only been back from the hospital for two days and he's been crying non stop.

I quickly took a shower and put on a black Armani suit, I was doing my neck tie up in the mirror when I caught Jordan's eye. I knew she was watching me get dressed but it's always more fun letting her watch and then teasing her about it afterwards. I slowly made my way over to her, thankfully she had put Leo down in the crib already.

I smirked at her and took her hand pulling her up off the bed before wrapping my arms around her waist, resting my hands on her perfect ass.

"Did you enjoy the show?" A blush rose on her cheeks and she tried to push me away but her attempts were useless since I just tightened my grip on her. "Adrian stop."

I leaned forward and pecked her lips once then twice and before I knew it her arms were around my shoulders while we made out. Jordan eventually pulled away and pecked my lips once more. "Control yourself Adrian." She gave me a small teasing smile before stepping out of my hold. "I can't do anything with you for at least 6 weeks, everything needs to heal first."

I frowned as I watched her walk into the bathroom. Six freaking weeks. I was already desperate for her now. If I had known it was going to be that long I would have taken her up on all the times she woke up in the middle of the night basically begging for me to take her there and then during her pregnancy, instead of giving into my need for sleep.

I sighed and decided on going downstairs to get some breakfast still trying to comprehend what she had just told me. I walked in the kitchen to see Angelo making some coffee dressed in a suit like usual - we all had to look the part. I rolled my eyes at his presence and made my way over to the fridge.

"Non puoi ignorarmi per sempre Adrian" (You can't possibly ignore me forever Adrian.) I scoffed and took out the milk to make some cereal.

"Sei fortunato che non ti abbia ancora ucciso." (You're lucky I haven't killed you yet.) I wasn't about to forgive him any time soon for what he did, I know Jordan said I should 'let them be happy', but he's my bestfriend; screwing your best friend's sister is out of order in any friendship, I don't care how much they like each other.

"Adrian." I turned toward the door to see that Matteo has just come into the kitchen, he looked half asleep still. He sent Angelo a glare before turning towards me, he's been ignoring Angelo aswell, he was just as pissed off as I was.