Chapter 11 - Give Me A Chance

~ Jordan's POV ~

Two long hours later we finally paid the check and left the restaurant. I hugged Sara goodbye and gave Lorenzo a small smile, I didn't really get to speak to him much since he and Adrian were busy catching up. Adrian grabbed my hand and we went our separate ways, we walked hand in hand and I glanced over at Adrian who was staring at the floor as he walked. "You don't have to hold my hand I'm not going to run away from you Adrian."

"It's not that, I just want to make sure you're safe." He didn't speak very loudly but I managed to make out what he said, I was surprised he didn't come out with some rude comment instead. I didn't say anything else to him and we walked in a comfortable silence down the waterside where there was a huge line of restaurants, it was pretty busy for the late afternoon but it was a Saturday so people probably had plans to go out later. "Are you tired?" I glanced over at Adrian who was looking at me with a raised brow, I shook my head in response. "No I'm fine, why?"

"Let's do something." We stopped walking and I leaned against the rail by the water, looking out at the glistening sea. "I don't particularly want to spend anymore time with you Adrian."

"Would you rather go back to the house and spend the rest of the night in our room?" I shook my head straight away, I did that last night and trust me it wasn't nice to be alone all evening in a house full of people who hate me. "Good, come with me."

Making sure not to leave me behind he grabbed my hand and started walking again, we walked at my pace since my foot was still in a cast.

We finally made it to the car, Adrian made a quick phone call in Italian before he drove to wherever he was planning to go. We listened to the radio whilst we drove, the journey took quite a while before Adrian finally parked the car at a boat harbour. "Come on." We got out the car and walked to one of the offices where Adrian collected a set of keys, I followed him as walked through rows and rows of boats before coming to a stop infront of a yacht. "This is my family's yacht." It was massive, it had two floors and a huge deck with a hot tub and sun loungers, it was amazing.

Adrian got on first and I climbed up behind him, he helped me up onto the boat, because of my ankle I couldn't climb properly. We both went into the control area and put on our sunglasses since the sun was so bright at this time in the afternoon; Adrian drove the yacht out of the harbour and we drove away from the main island of Sicily for about twenty minutes. Whilst Adrian drove the boat I went out onto the deck enjoying the feeling of the air whipping around me in the heat. I watched the island get further and further away from us and the rocky mountains and landscape became a distant figure on the horizon.

After a while Adrian stopped the yacht and came out onto the deck with me. I sat down on a sun lounger whilst he went over to an ice box and pulled out a large bottle of champagne which is probably why he made a phone call earlier so that someone could put that in the ice box for us. "Do you want this or something else?"

"No that's fine." He nodded and grabbed two glasses before sitting down next to me. Adrian opened the bottle with ease and poured me a drink, he handed me my glass and poured his own. "Thank you." We sat quietly for a moment before Adrian broke the silence.

"I'm sorry." I was thankful I was wearing my sunglasses because they managed to cover the complete shock on my face.

"What?" Adrian looked down at his glass when he spoke again. "What I did yesterday and how I spoke to you today, I was wrong to do that." I leaned back on the sun lounger and took a sip of champagne trying to keep myself calm, it would have been a perfect moment if I wasn't about to have a tense conversation with Adrian.