Regal Rendezvous - Kim Seokjin

Start from the beginning

•••••••

"Welcome Sir Jang, Miss Jang. Please come in."
A butler said, beckoning me and my Father inside.

With my heart thumping inside my ribcage, I let a maid take my overcoat whilst being led to the grand living of the mansion.
Sir Kim was a successful man indeed.

I took a glance at my attire in the lounge window, making sure everything was tip-top.
I wore a cream dress, embellished with purple lace and simple pearls around my neck to accentuate.

"Good afternoon old chap, well haven't you been doing well these days?"
My attention turned to a hearty voice, Sir Kim was grinning widely at my father before the two embraced in a hug.

Of course, they were classmates in school, friendly rivals apparently.
My head turned to the corridor leading to a smaller room, where I recognised a son.

Taehyung, the younger brother of Seokjin.
He too was handsome, giving a smile like his father and eyes like his mother's, who took me into the grand room with a loving gaze.

I gave Taehyung a smile and wave before following Lady Kim, assuming he'd follow too.
All in all, this mansion felt like a warm home rather than my own house.

"How do you like your tea dear?"
Lady Kim asked, in her voice as gentle as the morning breeze in Spring.

"With milk, two sugars will suffice Ma'am."
She nodded towards a maid before seating herself next to me.

The two Sirs began talking instantly, starting with the weather before trailing off to politics.
Lady Kim scoffed "Ah men," and we both giggled together, Taehyung puting his head down amusedly.

We all had a cup of tea, conversation flowing adequately.
I learnt that Taehyung was just finishing off his final year of education, set on becoming a famous businessman.

He was a carefree but sophisticated boy, ambitious but fun.
I wonder how Seokjin is, we hadn't had a proper talk about any of this when we had our small chats.

"Taehyung, why don't you take Y/N to the balcony, the flowers there will please her."
He nodded and extended his hand, letting me take his and stand up gracefully before taking me upstairs.

Up the many stairs, were portraits and scenery paintings, Taehyung showing me them all.
I was utterly fascinated, this house seemed to have its own character with little trinkets everywhere in an orderly fashion.

We were almost to the top, where the sunlight beamed into the hallway.
Two open doors, revealing the sky and city below, filled with flowerpots and bushes kept in an elegant manner.

What also sat there, was Kim Seokjin.
It felt like a painting, where my eyes feasted on the many beautiful things present.

"Brother, Y/N came here with our Father, didn't you hear?"
Taehyung asked with a one tipped smile.

Seokjin turned and faced us both, his eyes looking at me from head to toe.
"No, I suppose it was when I was showering. Forgive me Miss Jang."

I hoped a blush hadn't appeared on my cheeks when I heard his statement, observing the wet tips of his luscious, dark hair.
"Please don't apologise, and Y/N would be fine." I replied, Seokjin giving me a warm smile.

Taehyung said he had to check something downstairs, leaving us alone, unintentionally I hope.
Seokjin gestured towards a small table, us both sitting down opposite together.

"How are you Y/N? I'm surprised you came here with Sir Jang, after so long as well. He can be quite immersed with Father as they talk about the most serious things."
I giggled, covering my mouth with my hand like a lady, as Mama would want.

"I'm fine thank you, Papa is most intriguing but I can't be bored with him. Especially when he gives little jokes in between."
Seokjin's eyes crinkled with happiness.

"That's the part I look forward to as well."
We both laughed, the topic turning to whatever we could talk about. The weather, the flowers, the bustle of the city, my own Mother; it seemed like we were friends all along.

"Is it true you're looking for a husband Y/N?"
He questioned innocently, the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

"Ah yes, you're right. My goodness, does everyone know?"
Seokjin shook his head.

"No, I just asked my Mother. We're very fond of your family. She's hoping you'd marry a righteous man."
I looked down shyly, the Kim family was too kind.

I wasn't even able to see them often due to Mama, but the love was evident still.
My Father chose wonderful friends.

"I hope the same, my Mother seems adamant I marry an equally successful family but I'm not too sure..."
Seokjin understood and looked towards a rose pot.

"Roses are beautiful, one of my favourites. You just have to make sure you don't get pricked by a thorn."
I caught onto his double meaning and nodded, content with our chat.

Maybe he'd be my thornless Rose.

The End ♥️