First real fight.

"Morning Brooke, Niall's here," I saw Charlie coming to me, while I was still laying in bed.

"Alright, I guess it's time to get up then."

Charlie left my room and Niall came in, sitting next to me.

"You didn't call me yesterday to pick you up."

"I called Dougie."

"Oh... well, I thought you would call me..."

"My meeting with my father didn't turn out as good as I thought, so I just called him."

"What went wrong?"

"Everything."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No. I just feel like sleeping all day, to be honest."

"Oh... I thought we were spending the day out, together."

"I'm tired, Niall. I'll call you later, right?," I said kissing his forehead. He did the same and stood up from my bed. When he was at the door, he turned around, and sighed.

"Call me this time, Brooke."

"I will."

Niall left, and right when I was about to fall asleep again, the girls came in and jumped on my bed.

"Why did he leave?," Kirsten asked.

"I don't feel like going out right now."

"I think he's upset Brooke," Haley said.

"Why would he?"

"Well, yesterday you had a bad day with your father and you called Dougie instead of calling Niall, and you haven't even spoken about it with him."

"Well, Dougie is my best friend."

"But Niall is your boyfriend."

"Only Dougie can really understand how I felt yesterday."

"Just because Niall's dad didn't leavve him when he was a kid doesn't mean he can't support you or try to help you, Brooke."

I took my phone and tried calling Niall, I felt bad after hearing my friends opinions. But he wouldn't answer the phone. I decided I'd go to his place after lunch, and so I did. I rang the doorbell and he opened.

"Hey, I thought you'd call me later."

"Well, yes, I did call you."

"Oh, I didn't see it... It must've been while I was at Liam's."

"Must be that," I smiled at him, but he didn't do the same. "Can I come in?"

"Sure."

We went to the kitchen, and he opened the fridge to take a beer.

"Would you like something?"

"No, thanks. So... where do you want to go now?"

"I don't know... Can I ask you something?"

"Yes, what is it?"

"Why did you call Dougie and not me?"

"Here you go... He's my best friend."

"I'm your boyfriend."

"I didn't think it'd be a problem, you get on with him."

"Yes I do, but if you have a problem I'd like to be the first to know."

"Well, don't take it too personally, he's always been there, he knows everything and..."

"... and I don't. I don't know everything because you don't let me. You say you find it hard to open up but never do anything to try it, I've done everything! I'd do anything for you, and you know that, and the least I'm asking is for you to trust me! How can I not take it personally? Do you think I like it whenever something happens to you and I'm the last to know? I'm tired of this."

"Tired? You're tired? Oh I'm sorry for not taking into account the feelings of Niall Horan from One Direction, I've been busy defending him from my own father, who apparently hates him!"

"It's not the feeling of any One Direction member, it's just me, your boyfriend, I'm just trying to help you and you keep on leaving me out of your life!"

"What you don't understand is that sometimes I need to be alone!"

"If you needed to be alone then why did you call Dougie? "

"I told you, he's my best friend! And if I had called you instead you would have wanted to talk to Mark, seeing the state I was in!"

"I don't know the state you were in 'cos you don't talk to me!"

"I came here to talk to you and you just can't stop shouting at me!"

"Maybe you should just leave," I'd never seen him that serious. "If we can't have a conversation as normal human beings, maybe you should go home."

"Don't you worry, that's what I'm going to do... Maybe we should just take a break."

He looked up at me, confused.

"Take a break from what?"

"From this, from us. You're busy with your album, and now I have the thing with my father going on and if everytime we're going to be together we're just going to be shouting shouting and screaming at each other and..."

"We'll talk later... after some time I mean."