After the weekend.

"Mum, I just think it'd be good to do so."

"Brooke, I said it's okay if that's what you want to do, I understand why you want to do it, but honestly, I don't think it's a good idea," my mum said over the phone. I had spent the weekend at home after what happened with my father. When I came back I said I'd try to contact him, and my brothers got mad at me and told me not to count with them to do so.

"I get what you mean, mum, but I just feel that I have to do this. For myself. I gotta go, Niall's picking me up."

"Is he going with you?"

"No, he's just taking me there, I don't think Niall likes him at all."

"You can't blame him, Mark said horrible things about him and he don't even know the boy."

"I know. Bye mum, I love you."

"Alright then. I love you too,but  take care and call me tomorrow."

I hung up, took my bag from my bed and went out of my bedroom. Niall was waiting for me in the living room. I think it was the first time he picked me up that he didn't have a grin on his face.

"You ready?," he said as he kissed me.

"Think so."

We left my place and jumped into the car. He put on some music and starting singing. After a while I decided to speak.

"Do you think I'm doing the right thing, Niall?"

"I don't know. He hurt not only you, but your whole family years ago, and now he does it again with that interview. Let me ask you something, why do you want to see him?"

"I just... I just want to know why he left, what he does now, I don't know..."

"And are you really going to ask him why he left?"

"I don't know..."

"He can't make anything up Brooke, and the truth will hurt you once again. You read that note he left, he can't tell you he didn't want to leave your family," as he said that, I started to remember everything.

13 years ago.

"Mum  I really really really need to go to the toilet please give me the keys so I can hurry up while you carry Kevin!"

"Alright, take care."

"Thanks mum! And I will, but it's only two houses away!"

I rushed until I reached my house. I opened the door and left the keys on the table, and then ran as fast as I could until I entered the bathroom. After I finished I headed to the kitchen, I was starving and I really hoped to find some chocolate bars in the fridge. I took a seat by the table and saw a paper with my mum's name on it. I was just an eight-year-old-girl, curious as little girls could be, and decided to open it and read it. Now I doubt if it was a good or bad idea.

Katie,

I think it's time for me to leave. This is not the life I always dreamed of, I'm still young and want to enjoy life, and taking care of 4 kids is not part of my plan anymore. You know we've been talking about this lately, and I've come to the point of deciding this is the best time and way to do this. Take care. I hope you'll all have a good life together.

Mark xx

 "Brooke, sweetie, help me prepare dinner while we wait for your brothers to come from their match."