Stupid Rain~ A Nick Mara One-Shot for ICONicMarie

“Marie, come on! I just need to buy one more pair of Vlados” my best friend Nick said while pulling by the wrist into Journeys.

“Your such a girl!” I said back, making his head snap up at me in disgust.

“OMG, THAT’S LIKE CRAZY!” He said while trying to imitate a girls voice. I cant believe im in love with him sometimes.

“Dude, you have like 70 pairs of shoes. That’s more than me man!” I said while imitating a mans voice. It was pretty dead on.

Nick fell over from laughing so much, so now he was in the middle of Journeys, spazzing on the floor.

“OHMYGOSH ITS NICK MARA!” Some girl said and soon a bunch of girls were crowded around my spazzy bestie, leaving me out of the circle.

I couldn’t even see him anymore but I bet he was happy. Surrounded by girls way prettier than me sounds like more fun for him.

“Im gonna go Nick” I said as I walked away. I was pretty sure he heard me, but didn’t come after me, he was probably having too much fun.

I sat down in a nearby park with my face in my hands, willing myself not to cry. It was pouring now and I didn’t have a jacket.

“Why cant I be as pretty as those girls?” I said, looking up at the sky.

“Why cant Nick love me the way I love him?” I said again, feeling miserable and cold.

“You love me?” I spun around to see Nick standing there.

“OhGosh Nick. Im sorry, I cant help it. I do love you. I hope we can still be friends”

“Why would I want to be friends?” He asked. My heart slowly shattered when I looked straight at him.

“IM SORRY I DISGUST YOU OKAY! Im just gonna leave, you never have to talk to me again.” I grabbed my purse and stood up, heartbroken.

Just then, someone grabbed my wrist and spinned me around. I was face to face with the love of my life, Nick Mara.

“You didn’t let me finish” he said while the rain was messing up his hair and getting in both of our eyes.

“Why would I want to be friends…when I love you too” He said. I suddenly felt like the happiest person alive, even though I was soaking wet and probably catching a cold.

Than he did something every fairytale book leads up too.

He cupped his hands around my face and leaned in. this is what I have been waiting for.

We stood there kissing in the rain until I started to cough.

Stupid rain.