Little Bird~ A Jason Smith One-Shot

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELINA! I LOVE YOU DOLL!!!! HOPE YOUR 12TH BIRTHDAY IS GREAT AND I HOPE YOU LIKE MY ONE SHOT.

And if I kiss you, will your mouth read this truth, darling how I miss you, strawberries taste how lips do and its not complete yet, mustn’t get our feel wet, only leads to regret, diving in too soon and Ill owe it all to you, my little bird.

“Jason, look!” Angelina beckoned me to the side of the street where a tiny blue jay lay limp. We examined him and figured out that he had a broken wing, something that could easily be fixed with the proper care.

“Jason, can we please please please take it home to your mommy and daddy! It needs a home and a family to make it all better!!” She begged me, down on her knees with her tiny hands folded together.

“Sure, why not!” She jumped up and hugged me. I held her for that one moment, and instantly felt whole, and immediately fell in love.

-5 YEARS LATER-

“Jason Smith, I HATE YOU!” Angelina screamed as she stormed down the stairs of my house. We were now 15 years old, and our relationship grew stronger until it hit a stand-still.

“Ang, he was all healed! What was I supposed to do, let him stay here until he died? He is a wild animal Angelina!”

“Jason, you don’t get it, do you? You don’t know what that blue jay with a broken wing represented, don’t you? Jason, that bird was me! I had a broken wing when I met you! I was so broken no one would have ever thought I would be fixed. I just cried for hours on end, and do you know the kind of toll that takes on a 10 year old girl? But you came along Jason, and you saved me. You fixed the parts that no one else could, you made me feel whole again. But, what am I supposed to think know? You let the little bird back into the world, defenseless and alone, where it could probably break its wing all over again! You were probably going to do the same thing to me, weren’t you? Was I some sort of pity project to you? Something to consume your time? Then when you thought I was good enough you will leave me to die, when I will probably break much worse than I ever did before? Jason, I thought I knew you. I thought you were the best thing that has ever happened to me, the best friend I have ever had or will ever have, but I was sadly mistaken. Because I am just some stupid little bird to you, something that you can just throw away when you get bored with it. Jason, today was going to be the day I told you, I told you that I love you and have for the past 5 years. But I have to rethink what love is, because I do not want to be with someone who is incapable of feeling it” She wiped the tears from her eyes and slammed the front door shut.

I ran after to her, catching up to her in a matter of seconds. “Angelina, I didn’t know that was what you felt. If I knew you felt that way, I would have treasured that blue jay like a priceless diamond. Because that is what you are to me, only a million times more value. I wouldn’t trade these last five years for the world, you are the most amazing girl in the entire world. You are perfect Angelina. You may be broken, and that may never change, but you need to realize that is where the light comes in. You wouldn’t be as beautiful as you are, as strong as you are, and as fantastic as you are if you weren’t broken. I would never leave you, because I need you more than I need to breathe. And don’t say I am incapable of feeling love, because I have felt it from the moment I met you. Whenever you are around my heart races, and whenever you aren’t near I can’t get you off of my mind. So Angelina, what I am trying to say is I love you, and would never let you fly away like that blue jay. I would give anything to have him back again.” She took my face in her hands and kissed me with a passion that 5 years has built up.

The sun peeked out from behind the clouds and we heard the birds chirping. We broke apart and looked into the sky, remembering how great of a moment our first kiss was.

Suddenly I felt something land on my shoulder. I looked to my side to see that our bird was perched mightily, his wings beautiful and majestic.

“I am not letting you get away this time, my little bird” I whispered as I walked the bird inside, holding Angelina’s hand.

Because now Angelina was my little bird, and nothing could tear us apart.