New Years Eve~ A Jason Smith One-Shot

JASELINA!!!

I am sorry but I don’t ship any other Jason ships besides that.

That is all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mom! I am not going to that party!” Jason yelled as he was playing basketball with his father. It was New Year’s Eve and they were in a Ski Lodge in Colorado for their Winter Vacation.

“What are you going to do then Jason? Sit up in the hotel room by yourself? We are going to the adult party, so we are sending you to the teen one! Live a little, make a few friends, maybe meet a girl!” Jason’s mother winked as she walked away.  Jason’s dad and him just rolled their eyes as they set the basketball back on its rack in the inside basketball court the lodge had.

“Jason, you should seriously think about it. This trip is about making memories, and you cant do that sitting in front of the T.V. eating Cheetos until you barf” Jason’s dad said as he ran back to his room to take a shower before the party.

Jason’s pondered the idea. If it would make his parents happy, he guessed he could go. They were right, this trip was about making memories, but he didn’t want to be cramped inside a lounge room with hormone-filled teenagers and loud, horrible music.

But before he knew it, he was dressed. A plaid button down shirt and somewhat skinny jeans was all he needed, considering that the party wasn’t going to be fancy.

Walking down the corridor with his parents, Jason was soon lost in his thoughts. It was like some sort of force was dragging him towards that party, like there was something there he was meant to do or someone he was meant to meet.

He was snapped out of his daydream by his parents calling his name.

“Bye Jason! Remember, make some memories!” His mom called while walking away into the adult lounge. Jason gave a faint smile and continued walking down the hallway, trying to find the room he was supposed to go to. When he began to hear the bass drop, he knew he was heading in the right direction.

He was soon making his way through a swarm of teenagers doing dance moves that shouldn’t be legal in public. He found a place to sit down and stayed there, looking through his phone and trying not to get butts shaking in his face.

“LISTEN UP EVERYONE! ITS KARIOKE TIME!” The DJ called from his stand in the front. It looked like he was randomly picking people, so Jason looked down at his phone pretending to be busy.

“Looks like we have our first victim!” The DJ shouted. Jason looked up to see who the poor soul was and was instantly blown away.

The young woman was beautiful. Her brown hair cascaded down her body in loose curls that reached her mid-back. Her piercing blue eyes scanned the crowd and shows hints of anxiety and doubt. She was gorgeous, but was the type of girl that didn’t think that way about herself.

“Whats your name?” The DJ asked the tiny, fragile girl.

“Angelina” She answered timidly, like she didn’t even want to be there.

“Well we need a boy to sing this duet with Angelina over here! Who will it be!” The light scanned the crowd until it stopped straight over Jason. He tried to shake his head no, but was soon forced onto the stage by the swarm of teenagers rooting him on.

“And what’s your name?” The DJ asked.

“Jason”

“Well, Jason and Angelina, today you are going to be singing Start Of Something new”

“Im Jason. I cant sing” He whispered to the girl next to him.

“Angelina. Me neither”

“They are all looking at us”

“I will if you will” She shrugged. Right then and there, magic was made. Jason opened his mouth, putting the microphone close to it and scanning the crowd now swarming around the stage.

Living in my own world, didn't understand that anything can happen when you take a chance.

Angelina, keeping true to her promise joined in.

I never believed in what I couldn't see.

I never opened my heart to all the possibilities.

The couple continued on.

I know that something has changed -

Never felt this way

And right here tonight:

This could be the start of something new.

It feels so right to be here with you. Oh.

And now, lookin' in your eyes, I feel in my heart

The start of something new.

“Sorry to cut you off, but it is time for our New Year’s Eve countdown! Grab somebody, and get ready for the kiss of a lifetime folks!” The DJ said over the loud speaker, leaving Angelina and Jason on the stage, helpless.

“Oh no, I promised my mom I would be home! Shes going to kill me! We leave tomorrow morning!” Angelina said frantically with the hum of teenagers screaming down the seconds until the new year.

“Wait!” Jason said, grabbing her by the arm and spun her around just as the noise makers went off and the confetti fell from the ceiling. In that moment, the two teenagers shared their first kisses with each other. They both smiled into the kiss, feeling the magic running through their veins.

“By Jason it was really nice to meet you” Angelina said to the boy as she made her way back through the crowd. They were out of each other’s life for good, or so they thought.

~

“So you kissed, and she just walked away”? Jason’s best friend, Chad, asked. It was one week later, and Jason was back in his high school, East High, in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

“Yeah, and it was amazing, the kiss I mean. It was everything I was looking for, she was everything I wanted, and I don’t even know her last name” Jason sighed, completely caught up in his own thoughts, which consisted of Angelina and how he was going to find her.

He didn’t even realize when he rammed into someone, sending papers all over the place, and the two falling to the ground.

Jason picked himself up and dusted himself off, offering a hand to his victim, whose hair was now sprawled all over her face, masking her identity.

She took the hand and was pulled to her feet, brushing her back, leaving a look of confusion and shock written across Jason’s face.

“Jason I am glad you so graciously introduced yourself to East High’s newest student” The principal said, a petulant young man who always wore a suit. “Jason Smith, this is Angelina Daniels”

And just like that, the two lovers were brought to each other once again. This time, for good.