One Less Lonely Girl~ A Vinny Castronovo One-Shot

ONE LESS LONELY GIRL- A VINNY CASTRONOVO ONE-SHOT

How many I told ya’s and start overs and shoulder have you cried on before, how many promises be honest girl how many tears you let hit the floor? How many bags you packed to take them back tell me that, how many either ors? But its no more. If you let me inside of your world, there’s gonna be one less lonely girl.

The burning sensation of loneliness fell on my heart. Another Friday night spend with my girls, instead of the boy who once made me smile. He left a month ago, moving all the way across the country without a single call or text since. Its been slowly eating away at me since that day, and I rarely go out anymore. But something in my mind told me that tonight was going to be different.

“Brianna, Dare or Dare?” My best friend Alexa asked, mimicking an old game the Janoskians play in their YouTube videos.

“Tough one, I choose dare!” I laughed, anxiously awaiting her response.

“I dare you to run up and down the mall with your hands on your back like fins screaming at people ‘I’m a fish!”

“Alright, let’s go!” I put my hands on my back, sprinting down the corridor, screaming at anyone in my path. I saw a familiar face and, thinking nothing of it, said, “oh, hey Vinny!” Still sprinting. Soon my brain caught up and I stopped dead in my tracks. Vinny? Vinny Castronovo? I turned around to see him still standing there, tapping rapidly away at his phone.

I waved my hands frantically and called my friends over while walking to him. Once they all saw where I was going, they screamed and picked up their pace.

“Um, hi Vin! Do you, um, mind if we take a picture together?” I said shyly, looking at the boy in wonder and amazement.

“Of course! Just, don’t swim away, okay?” He joked and I chuckled nervously. I handed my phone to Alexa and stood next to Vinny, making sure to look as pretty possible. Right before the flash went off, Vinny placed a kiss on my cheek. I screamed in my head and kept on smiling.

Alexa handed my phone back to me and winked, herding my friends away so Vinny and I could talk.

“Oh! Look at the time! I have to go, dang. But it was amazing meeting you” He hugged me before he sprinted away. He was already yards gone when I realized his phone fell out of him pocket. “Vinny, wait!” I screamed, but he was too far away to hear my calls.

My friends came back, marveling at the iPhone 5 I now held in my hands. “What am I going to do guys? Now he is going to think I am some sort of stalker kleptomaniac! I should have never come tonight.” I sighed, burying my head in my hands as I handed my phone to Alexa.

“Bri, I think you might want to see this” I lifted my head up to see her holding the phone, which was now unlocked and showing a note Vinny must have saved.

“Alexa, you unlocked his phone!”

“Well I wanted to call his sister or something to give him his phone back but this popped up, look!”

Dear mystery Fish-girl,

Don’t worry, I know I dropped my phone and you have it now. It’s all part of a plan of mine.

If you want to see me again as much as I do you, you have to follow my instructions: leave the mall now. Don’t return until 10 am tomorrow.

When you come back, go to the store where we met in order to find me again. I hope you do as I say, beautiful.

~Vinny

“BRIANNA GET YOUR ASS HOME NOW!” Alexa laughed as she pushed me into the elevator. Only 15 hours left to go.

-THE NEXT MORNING-

Nerves ate at me as I walked into the Journey’s store I saw Vinny in front of yesterday. I looked around for some sort of sign when I got a tap on the shoulder. The employee smiled politely at me as he handed me a note.

It read:

Thank gosh you came! Here’s your second clue: Go to the store which smells of roses and daises (literally).

It took a second before I realized where he was talking about: The flower shop. I sprinted down the staircase and into the store, looking at the door to see taped on it was a single red rose and another note.

The next hour went on and on like that, going endlessly to store after store to get yet another note and some sort of sweet gift.

I was finally led outside, the most recent note telling me out to the gazebo across the way, secluded by a small strip of trees on all sides. I walked silently, praying that I would finally see Vinny. I walked up the pathway, looking down as I contemplated what to say if I did see him.

I stepped up the stairs to the gazebo, lifting my gaze as I went along. All I saw were twinkling lights, hung beautifully from the pillars or the structure as music played softly in the background.

“I will be taking my phone now” I turned around to see Vinny, 11 red roses in his hands. “And as compensation for such a hard task, I would love to have a dance” I smiled and took his outstretched hand as he led me to the middle of the gazebo, both of us falling into the rhythm of the music.

“Vinny why are you doing this all, really? I am just another fan, nothing special”

“I wanted to get inside your world. And someone as beautiful as you should never feel lonely, ever.”

“Good job, Vin. There is now one less lonely girl.” I lay my heart on his shoulder as the lyrics of the music in the back ground swirled through my brain.

Im gonna put you first, ill show you what you’re worth, if you let me inside your world, there’s gonna be one less lonely girl.