Chapter 22

Grey POV

I never really realized how funny Damian was. Or how many things we had in common. For instance, our favorite band was Twenty One Pilots and Cavetown. Also, we were both being forced to listen to Jude's obsession over K-pop bands and other fandoms.

"So, did he make you pick a bias yet then?" Damian questioned while I was pulling out plates and cups.

"I'm not even sure if I know what that is. We fell asleep pretty fast. He didn't have enough time to corrupt me yet."

"Mmhmm. But he will soon. Probably by tomorrow. If you didn't know, a bias is basically who your favorite is. I have a theory that you relate a lot to your bias; that you are the same on a spiritual level. That's why mine is Yoongi."

"No clue who that is."

"Hmm. You will soon. All you need to know for right now is that he needs to be protected and his boyfriend is Jimin. Don't argue with me or Jude about this, you'll die."

"Well damn. Okay. Now I think I remember why I never listened to them; the fans are insane."

"Yup."

"What are we talking about?" Jude said as he was walking towards us. He was wearing one of my oversized hoodies with only his boxers on. Not gonna lie, that was my favorite outfit of his so far.

"Nothing!" Damian and I said at the same time. Jude gave us a questioning look, but shook his head and came over to see the damage that Damian insued on breakfast.

"You actually didn't burn them this time! I'm so proud." He looked at Damian with a stupid grin on his face, which made me laugh. Damian hit him on the head with his spatula.

"I thought we agreed to never speak of it again."

"It's not my fault you don't know how to make bloody eggs." Jude huffed out as he walked over to me and hugged me from behind. I liked that too much.

"Shut up or you'll get them charred."

"Noise noise. I'm gonna text Myka to see if we're on for the same time." I felt him dig into the hoodie that I was wearing, searching for his phone that I hid last night so I could turn off the music without him turning it back on again.

***

After we finished breakfast and cleaning the dishes, Jude and I got ready. I took a shower while he was picking out our outfits; apparently he wanted to match again.

"Grey?.."

"What is it? Are you okay? Did something happen to your stitches?!" I was drying off anyway, so I ran to open the door to see Jude looking down at his feet with a very bright pink painted on his cheeks.

"N-no. I just needed to go to the bathroom and Damian is using the other one..."

"Okay. It's all yours."

"Sorry for making you worry."

This made me chuckle. "Oh please. I'll never stop worrying about you. You're Jude. You sprained your wrist for falling down the stairs at school." I said as he closed the door, making me have to speak a little louder.

"Haha. Yeah. About that.... that was because Dave grabbed it funny when he was drunk and twisted me around. I actually had to fall at school so Damian wouldn't get upset and do something stupid."

He popped his head back out. While he was in the bathroom I was able to put my boxers back on, and I grabbed my sweatshirt that I was wearing before.

"Hey! This is definitely not hoodie-wearing-criteria today, mister. I found a nice flannel for you. I figured you could just wear some nice jeans."

"Yes dear." He rolled his eyes at my comment. It was funny, seeing how I annoyed him but knowing that he secretly loves it.

Damian ended up wearing what he wore yesterday. Jude gave him an 'Are you fucking serious' look, at which Damian flicked his forehead in response. We had everything loaded in the car, and were about to head off before I got a phone call from my mother.

"Hello?"

"Hi honey. I was just double checking to make sure that you're still celebrating with your friends today instead with us."

"Yeah. They're actually picking me up now, and I might be spending the night over there. I probably won't see you until tomorrow or Tuesday even. It's kinda a long drive."

"Okay sweetie. Have a good time and don't do anything stupid. See you later."

"Bye." I hung up the phone. Jude and Damian looked at me with questioning eyeballs, so I briefed them on what happened.

"Oh. So are we ready to go then?" Damian asked as he started the car and turned the radio on.

"Yeah were good. Unless Jude feels like he forgot something."

"No I think I got everything we need." The shelter was about forty minutes away, and I was starting to become a little tired despite me not being able to go back to sleep. So I leaned my head against Jude's shoulder and greeted sleep like an old friend.

Only to be awoken by Damian slamming the brakes. Thanks, Damian.

I groggily looked out the window and saw that some of the kids were trying to scrape something off of the door. When we got out of the car and started to walk towards the building, I could clearly see what it said in big, white letters.

Merry Fucking Christmas, Fags.

The song has nothing to do with the chapter I'm just obsessed and it made me want to write. So i guess it does have something to do with the chapter then. Idk.-Brennon