Chapter 10

Jude POV

Fuck.

Dave's home.

"Tommy, can you-"

"I got you, kiddo."

"Thanks."

    Tommy hopped out of the car before Grey and I. I could see that Tommy went in the house, now all I had to do was have the courage to get out the damn car.

    "Jude. Are you ready?" Grey held my hand while breaking the agonizing silence.

    "Just give me a minute." It took me about a full minute before I could even reach my hand to the handle.

I decided it was time. I can't hide from these things forever. Slowly, I got out of the car and stood on the curb; silently looking at the building that I had called home during my childhood. That title was gone, now it was just a blacked outline of something that could look like a house, if it would let everyone in with no special passes. My legs felt weak, but I was determined to enter. To leave forever.

Grey helped me up the porch steps, making sure that I wouldn't fall backwards. His touch was the one thing that I wanted to focus on, but before I knew it I was standing in the doorway of my old bedroom.

It now felt different; it feels like it belongs to a stranger. I now don't recognize the bed that would creek when I would sit on it, or the way the yellow curtains softly blew from the breeze of the cracked open windows. The random staind that accumulated throughout the years seemed to now blend into the carpet, rather than stand out like they always did.

I could feel Grey's presence before he held my hand. I turned around to kiss him before we packed up my shit.

***
My specially burned CDs were undisturbed, same with all my art supplies and cameras. There was dust all over my pictures with my family; the ones with Damian, Blaine, and Avery were freshly polished, showing to Grey the people that I really cared about. I sat in front of them for a long time, not knowing how long until Grey wrapped his arms around my waist and told me the Damian was here.

It looked like Grey knew exactly what I wanted packed with us. All my CDs and art supplies were packed safely in separate bags. All of my books were in boxes on my bed, and even some of the clothes that he has seen me wear often were neatly folded in piles, waiting for us to put them away.

"I figured you wouldn't really want to keep all the dressy clothes and stuff. No one likes to be wearing really fancy clothes all the time. "

I sheepishly smiled up to him. He smiled back and twirled me around so he could be in my arms, too. I breathed in his scent, which smelled of mint and lime, just standing there with him until Damian would come in.

"Hey guys, sorry to bother you, but do you think that we can start putting all of this in the car now? Tommy's with Dave in the rec room, so it should be okay. I got some trash bags if you don't have anymore, too."

He ventured back to his room, us staying tangled in each other's arms.

"Okay, we should really start to get moving now." I said sadly to Grey. We disbonded and hurriedly put the last few things in bags, Grey asking if I needed anymore clothes or not, which shoes to pack along, blah blah blah. We soon headed downstairs with our arms overflowing with bags and boxes, trying to cut down as many trips back in the house as possible. Of course, my legs were starting to sting as soon as I reached the car. I could feel something wet slowly trickling down my thighs. Wonderful.

I put all of my things down wherever there was space. Damian packed his whole room too. Wouldn't surprize me honestly though. He's Damian. Damian had a lot of shit.

I noticed that all the heat from my face disappeared, which is unusual, considering they're always hotter when i'm in cold temperatures.

"Grey, I think I need to sit down for a minute." I said. I went to sit down on the curb, and i could hear and feel the slight ripping of the bandages and some skin. With the new pain I gasped loudly and almost fell over. Grey ran over to me, and before I looked up at him with pain in my eyes, telling him what was wrong, I felt more blood all around my dick region. My black jeans became even darker, if that was even possible.

"Oh my god, Jude. I'm gonna pick you up real quick, okay?" Grey practically lunged to me when he saw what I saw. He started to call for Damian while he picked me up bridal style and carried me to the car.
***
I could tell that my thighs felt slightly less irritated before I opened my eyes. Distant talking and papers rustling, along with lying on what felt like cardboard on a hard mattress told me that I was probably at a random clinic.

Bright white fluorescent lights greeted me as I cracked my eyes open, making me hesitate opening them further. After a hard and long debate, my logic won over pain by deciding to open my eyes fully. The harsh light greeted me by showing what was inside this mystery room. It was mostly soft yellows and oranges along the walls, except for a little section with what looked like children's drawings. A desktop was turned on, the logo for what looked like a free clinic displayed on the monitor, alongside with a rainbow flag.

When I fully sat up, I heard a loud crackling sound made by my movement. That was when I heard the voices quieten down, and a knock on the wooden door followed by the doorknob turning.

I recognized the tall man that walked through the door. He was wearing the same scrubs since the last time that I saw him, only this time wearing a grey zip-up hoodie.

"Hello Jude. It is nice seeing you again, besides the circumstances." Damian strolled right in, followed by Grey, who quietly shut the door and sat near the bed. "Your stitching came undone, likely due to them being too tight. We restitched them, so you should be fine. Just try to limit the mobility as often as you can, okay?" he turned to Damian and whispered something before leaving the room with a smile.

We sat in a weird silence, the only sound the crunching of the paper underneath me as I was slightly swinging my legs. I broke it eventually. "Where are we?"

"It's an LGBT home that Caleb, his brother, and a couple of his friends runs. They have a few rooms for clinic thing, since Caleb is a nurse. He says that most people don't feel comfortable going to a regular doctor's office, so they built some rooms like this."

"Cool. Are we ready to go to Grey's, now?" I was getting impatient. I needed to go to his house, needed to cool down and rest.

"Yeah, Caleb is just getting you some advil. I'll get it while you guys wait in the car, if that's fine." Damian was a little too enthusiastic with the last sentence. He wanted us gone so he could talk to Caleb. I wasn't complaining, I was happy for him. And I was happy because that gave Grey the excuse to pick me up again, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

When Grey set me down in the wheelchair from the hospital, I noticed that the drawings on the wall were not young children's; they were amature young adult's. They used a variety of colors, mostly just the whole rainbow. There was some really good ones that I was really impressed with, and then some that made me smile, thinking of a young teen who was getting frustrated over the colors of a box of crayons. I remember when I was like that, I always thought that there were some colors missing, I just didn't know what they were or how I could get them. Knowing that that happened to other people made me happy. It means that I wasn't entirely alone.