Chapter 12

Damian POV

    How could I have forgotten about our ages? It was a large contributing factor, even though I have the next two years planned out. Even though I'm two months away from becoming a legal adult, it felt like I was betraying him. I hated this feeling.

Oh, but how wonderful it would be to be with him. How wonderful it would be to be with my first boy? If that's what he identifies as, anyway.

I started emailing my teachers about my missing assignments from the school that I missed when I heard a knock on the door.

Jude opened it slowly, looking ashamed to be wanting to wake me up, and when he saw that I was sitting on the ground, phone in hand, his face relaxed and he sighed with relief.

"Thank god. I know you said only fire, flood, tornado, and bastard awakening, but I needed to talk to you. It's about Caleb."

Oh shit. Here we go.

"I really like him for you," he said while slowly starting to sit on the floor next to me. "He's cute, he has a solid future plan for him, he's great with kids, and he's a nurse. He can take care of your boxing injuries. He's a strong candidate."

"But I'm only seventeen. He's probably around twenty-five."

"You're going to be eighteen in literally two months. It's not that big of a deal. If you like him, you should try it out. See if it can be a reoccurring thing. If it's not, it's not the end of the world, is it?"

"Since when did my little brother become so smart?" I ruffled his hair before he got the chance to dodge out of the way. "Thanks."

"No problem. Now, get some sleep for real. We have school tomorrow, remember?"

"Ew. Fine, but I want you to get all your  homework done before you start cuddling with Grey. Deal?"

"Yes, sir." He said before saluting with two fingers and slowly getting up.

"And don't strain your legs so much. You don't want another accident, do you?"

"Yeah, yeah, noise, noise. Goodnight Dai."

"Night."

He closed the door, leaving me to decide if I should still continue with Caleb.

Jude POV

Damian left the room, leaving me and Grey to ourselves for a while. I was sitting on the couch when Grey walked into the kitchen, asking me if I wanted something to eat.

"What do we have?"

"Not much. There's some pizza rolls in the freezer, or I can make up some Mac and Cheese."

"Pizza rolls are better." I responded.

"True."

I heard him starting the oven and open the fridge. He came back with two bottles of waters in his hand with a bowl of strawberries and blueberries. When he sat down I grabbed the remote off the coffee table and wrapped myself around him. He didn't object. Instead, he kissed my left temple and turned on some old Disney shows. Oh, excuse me, the good Disney shows.

"I wish we didn't have school tomorrow. I just want to stay like this for forever."

"I know. But we have to get an education to get a job if we want to live together like this in the future," Grey joked back.

"Fine, I will go to school for you, then. But you're gonna be the one who helps me with my homework and shit." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"Gladly."

I was drifting off to sleep when I heard a loud voice coming from Damian's room. I decided to go see what was going on, regardless of his warning.

***
After I left Damian's room, I heard the oven beeping, letting us know that the pizza rolls were ready for us to devour. I went to the kitchen to get them out of the oven, but Grey was already there wearing oven mitts and reaching to turn the timer off.

"They have to cool off for a couple of seconds, but they should be ready." I walked across the kitchen to him as fast as I could and snaked my arms around his waist, moving my head closer to his neck and lightly kissing the skin.
We stayed like that for a while until he turned around and pulled my shirt off.