Chapter 4

Grey POV

Holding Jude was the best feeling in the world. I was sad to let him go. Mad even, that someone thought that they had the right to interrupt us. To interrupt our time together.

It turns out that it was Brad and his friends. When they say us their face dropped into a snicker. I immediately got a bad feeling, so I stood in front of Jude and put my arms out, waiting for them to dare me. It didn't take long.

"Grey. What the fuck are you doing with fag boy?" he walked right up to me and sized me up.
I was taller than him by about two inches, but he was stronger. We all knew that.

"If you dare say that word around me or Jude you will be sorry." my voice was a cold slate. I was so sick of people harassing Jude just because he's gay. Not fucking fair.

"What are you going to do? Dance on your rainbow and scare me off with your glittery unicorns? Yeah. I know. It's hard not to notice. Not the-"

"Notice what? What do you think you know about me?" I yelled. If he was going to say what I think then he's never going to see his graduation.

"You're Gay." he said in a sing-song voice.

"And there's something wrong with that? If i'm gay, there is nothing different about me as a person that you've been friends with since preschool." I could hear that Jude started to hold his breath. I looked back at him and smiled. Putting my arms down and stepping to his side, I put my hand in his, locking our fingers together.

"Your parents would like to disagree on that. I just went to their seminar, Maybe you should, too." Then he punched me.

The other boys grabbed Jude by his hair and one of his arms. We were still holding hands, but all three of them yanked us in the opposite direction, breaking our connection.

"Stop it! Stop! Leave him alone! Grey! Grey!" Jude was screaming and sobbing at Brad. He was kicking me in the stomach. When I looked back I saw Cam and Aiden holding him back. It was heartbreaking. When Brad smashed my face in with his foot, that was when I heard the sound of a blade being opened. I couldn't see what was happening, but Jude never stopped yelling and screaming and sobbing my name.

I kicked at Brad, not knowing how hard when I heard him fall to the ground accompanied by a horrifying snap. I couldn't be bothered by that now. And quite frankly I didn't care.

I ran to Cam and punched him in the gut, followed by jump kicking his balls. Jude was still trying to fight off Aiden, who had the knife. It looked like he was trying to castrate him; he had multiple stab wounds on his thighs. They were deep.

He turned around to me and sung the knife around. It was like this for about two minutes, until Jude sprung around Aiden's ankles making him trip and drop the knife. I knocked it away from him. Brad was still groaning in pain while both of the boys were waking over to him. I dragged Jude across the gym, leaving a small trail of blood in the process.

"You're okay. I'm going to call 911, okay? You're okay." I hugged him tightly while on the phone with dispatch.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so, so sorry. This all happened because of me." he was sobbing into my neck. It just made me hug him harder.

"Don't say that. This is their fault. They are so confused that they decided to blame their confusion on us. But it's okay. They can't hurt us anymore." At least not today. But who says that this won't happen again? If anything there would be even more people who would want to beat our asses.

The paramedics came about five minutes later. There were two ambulances, one for Jude, and the other for Brad. I ended up riding with Jude, since they thought my wrist was broken.

"Did you two press charges? This is completely illegal. And your friend was two inches away from being castrated." The paramedic said.

"They did this to us because we're gay. If anything, they'll come after us." I said while holding my wrist. Jude was lying on the bed, his eyes shut tightly. He was in so much pain. I suddenly didn't care if my wrist was broken. I only cared about taking away Judes' pain.

I gently took my hand in his, and I immediately saw his body relax. Maybe he really did have feelings for me. That or he just needed something to take his mind off this. It was probably the latter.

"Almost there guys." The paramedic said to us. Thank God, I couldn't bear to see Jude like this and not beat myself up about it for much longer.