Chapter 11

Jude POV

Damian was right, it was just a little area with a couple of rooms. Through a large window looking in to a seperate room, maybe a common room of some sorts, was a couple of tables, some fold up chairs, and a couple classic board games. Some kids were in it, lounging around, talking to people. Others were reading, dancing, or doing what looked like homework. In a corner I could see two girls, probably around my age or a little older, heatedly making out. It was like an after school club; a place for teens to just chill and be themselves. To be gay.

Slowly, Grey wheeled me out of what seemed like heaven and onto a sidewalk. The outside looked sad compared to the common room. It was droopy, the air a light mix of blue and gray. I wanted to go back in, but knowing that we were going to Grey's house made me happier. Grey helped me into the backseat, and rested his head on my shoulder when he sat down next to me. It was so adorable.

I was playing with his fingers while we waited for Damian to come out. I could hear a small plat on the roof, so I knew it was going to rain. Just as I thought I was about to fall asleep, I heard large chatter and laughing. They were coming from the home as people we piling out the door two at a time. Damian was the last person I saw, coming out with Caleb, who I assumed was making him blush so hard.

Damian said a final goodbye before rocking the whole car as he got in the driver's seat. I looked down at Grey and saw him eyes fluttering open and then closed. He looked so tired, he probably didn't get any sleep with my nightmares.

Rain started to pour out onto the murky city, along with dark blue clouds that swirled with the wind. The car got about ten degrees colder, if that was even possible, and before I knew it I was shivering. Damian turned the heat on and the radio, making punk rock fill the car quietly. It was almost perfect, except the fact that Damian didn't have anyone for him. Yet.

My eyes grew heavy and tired, and before I knew it, the last words that I heard came fluttering through the radio, saying "They could care less, as long as someone would bleed."

***
Damian POV

Grey and Jude were both asleep, looking peaceful. The radio was the only sound besides the rain and whooshing of cars rolling by. It was nice. I didn't want to break the nice moment.

I pulled up to Grey's house expecting both cars in the driveway with his parents waiting for us, telling us to turn back and go to hell. But they weren't. There was no one home, just like Grey said. The radio switched to a soft song, probably about love or some other bullshit, and me being me, decided to crank it up as loud as I could to wake the little children up.

Grey's head immediately shot up, connecting with Jude's for a brief moment. I heard a small clunk after turning the radio back down, and I saw that Jude had stretched his arm too far, and hard, and hit Grey in the shoulder. They just both laughed and teased each other, while I was left chuckling to myself and waiting for them to quiet down.

"So, are we gonna put our shit in the house now or wait until Grey's parents come back?" I asked. I was getting paranoid, thinking that they were gonna pull up any second.

"You see that little path over there? Drive up it. There's an attached garage to the guest house."I did as was told, Grey had to run out of the car to open it up and close it. I felt a little more at ease, knowing that his parents won't be able to tell right away that people are there.

Grey and I both carried Jude into the living room and gently sat him on the couch. He kept insisting that he wanted to help and that he was fine, while both Grey and I told him to shut up and let us take our shit out of the car. Okay, maybe not those words exactly, but in summary.

Jude's shit was heavier than I thought it would be, but I suppose that it could be because he had a lot more books than I did. And art stuff. All that paint was sloshing around in the trunk that reminded me of how much of an artist my little brother is.

"Oof. There's so many boxes." I said to Grey.

"We can take a break if you want. We got all the clothes out anyway, there isn't any rush to get everything out in one hour. You should rest."

The last thing that Grey said to me made me realize how fucking tired I am. I only got about four hours at the hospital last night. And the night before I was cramming for a test, so I didn't get much sleep then either.

"I'm going to take a nap. Don't you dare wake me up unless for a FFTB situation. Good night." I said flatly.

The room that Grey said was mine was the biggest in the house. It also faced away from the sun, which was an added bonus, considering sunlight makes me hiss in disgust towards it. The bed looked warm and inviting, making me want to flop on it and fall asleep right away.

I took my shirt off so I wouldn't get overheated and slid under the covers, making a slight scratching sound all the while. My head laid on the pillow, waiting for sleep, until my eyes decided that I am wide awake and that I needed to be on my phone.
My eyes wander over to the jacket that I was wearing this morning, still with the message that Caleb gave me before leaving the hospital. I felt heat rushing through my cheeks, and I could tell that I was probably blushing so hard.

Should I text him? Or would that make me look clingy and annoying? We just had a small conversation this afternoon, he even asked me out to lunch! What should I do? What should I say? I don't know how to relationship!

After a long debate, I decided that I would text him just a friendly hello. Nothing much, just something friendly and MOTHER OF GOD HE SAID HI BACK. My breaths started to become more heavy, I was talking to this insanely hot nurse, who was amazing with kids by the way. I had to think of what I should say, or that would be so embarrassing. You don't just say "Hi, Bye". No, no, no, you have a conversation with someone. Something that I found disgusting and too much effort inducing.

Me: Hello- Damian
Caleb: Hey, what's up?
Me: I was wondering when you're free sometime this week? Might wanna take up that offer for lunch.
Caleb: Awesome! I should be available either this weekend or the next, I don't want to pull you out of school or work or something. Where did you want to go?
Me: Maybe something not too fancy. Noodles and Company maybe?
Caleb: Sure! Let me know when you're available. Talk to you soon. X
"HE REPLIED WITH A FUCKING KISS I FUCKING CAN'T FUNCTION GOOD LORD ALMIGHTY" I said loudly, forgetting that I was supposed to be napping. There was something else that I was forgetting about this situation, but if I was forgetting it it's probably not that important.
And then it hit me. I forgot that I'm still in highschool. I'm a senior, but still, I'm turning 18 in two months! He's probably 25! Eight years isn't that big of a deal, is it? I hope that he knows that i'm in highschool, otherwise that would be super awkward. I don't like the awkward.

Hello people of the Wattpad. I decided because I haven't felt like I've given Damian as much character that I have with Jude and Grey that I would make sure everyone knew how dopey the big brother actually is. I loved writing this part, considering that this was literally something that I would say and do. Anyway, have a good day and thanks for reading! - Kaylee. (Also, I did you notice that it was basically the first time using exclamation marks? Be proud, that was the first time I've ever used them besides in a fight)