Chapter 8

I know that I'm late but I literally thought that yesterday was Tuesday and today was Wednesday. Sorry ❤️

Grey POV
Shortly after we arrived in Jude's room Damian fell asleep. I didn't mind, I liked the peace and quiet. Plus, I could look at Jude and wait for him to wake up without being judged.
Every one and a while a nurse would walk in the room to check on his vitals and to make sure that I wasn't murdering him or something. They were sleeping for about three hours until Jude woke up around 3:30.
"Hey, why didn't you wake me up? I told you you could." he said while adorably rubbing his eyes. His hair was all messy and no longer sculpted into perfection. I couldn't see him that much though; I never turned on more than my reading light.
"I thought that you would need some sleep. I guess I was right." I softly said. I didn't want to make any sudden or loud noises because Damian was still sleeping. "Did you sleep well?"
"Yeah I guess. It's probably the most that either of us are gonna get for a while." I didn't for sure know what he meant, but I just assumed because of the incident.
"I get it. You should probably try to get some more though. You're gonna need all that you can get." I moved the chair so we could maintain eye contact. Even in the navy sky of the night his eyes sparkled. I probably blushed.
"You need some, too. Here, come lie down with me." he patted the bed. I didn't even hesitate. The boy that I loved was asking me to sleep next to him. In the same bed.
The bed creaked over so slightly when I sat down on the thin mattress. Once my head hit the pillow, Jude clung onto me like a panda with bamboo. I was taken off guard, but hey, I wasn't complaining at all. In fact, I slung my arms around his torso, pulling us into an even tighter hug. I could feel his head in the crook of my neck, so I leaned mine against his. I felt inseparable from him, like I would melt into his arms so I could never have to worry about anyone else's problems. Or my own, for that matter.
"Grey, there's something that I need to tell you. It might sound weird, so I hope that you don't get mad at me or anything. Please don't laugh." he hummed into my ears.
"You can tell me anything, Jude. There's actually something that I should tell you, too."
"Okay. Ever since I came out and started to get harassed more and more often, I started to notice that you would pay more attention to me. You would stick up for me whenever you could. I even heard that you coded some of the guys' phones so they couldn't talk to me anymore. Then, yesterday, when we were on the bus and you screamed at Brad, I felt a stronger connection. Then when you wrote the note, my heart exploded. When it turned out that the note wasn't fake and you actually wanted to hang out with me, I had to remind myself to breath because I was so excited. And when you went to your x-ray, I realized something important. I... I- I love you, Grey. And I know that you're straight, and I know about who your parents are and what they do, but I don't care. If this is the last time that I will ever get to see you, talk to you, even if this is the last time that I will get to touch you. But do me one favor; before you leave me forever, just hold me for the night. Hold me like you love me, just this once, and you can forget about me."
My heart stopped; so did my breathing. I've never been so happy in my life. Because the boy that I have loved for quite a while loves me back.
"I- I love you too, Jude. And I don't care about my stupid fucking parents. I care about you. I would never leave you like that Jude. I love you too much to do that. I've loved you ever since you came out. Maybe even before then." he looked up at me with the biggest smile i've ever seen.
He looked at me with those sparkling, forest green eyes. He kissed me, sending all the butterflies fluttering around my stomach.
I was softer than I expected; gentler. It felt right, like we were evolving into pure love. Like if one of us died, the wouldn't be able live on. I know, extreme, but I fall easily.
Jude pulled back and looked at me with a sleepy look in smile, making me chuckle.
"Alright, sleepy boy. Now you have to sleep for at least five more hours." he agreed with me right before he fell asleep in my arms. I kissed his temple before my eyes started to flutter shut and turning the small amount of light off. Jude's heartbeat steadied my breathing and soon I knew Damian would wake up to tangled into each other's arms.
Jude POV
The nightmares came back. I haven't had any in months. Fuck, why now? Why would they come back when the boy I love claimed me for himself?
* POTENTIALLY TRIGGERING. I WILL LEAVE AN ASTERISK FOR WHEN IT IS OVER IN CASE YOU WILL LIKE SKIP IT*
It started with the familiar demon that would come. I was in the hospital room, still sitting on my bed, the place that I fell asleep. I was still enveloped into Grey's arms and I saw it looming in the murky corner. It's arms were crossed, and its body was bouncing slightly up and down like it was laughing. I didn't hear a sound, which made me a little uneasier.
I pulled Grey to me tighter, burying my face into his chest. He could protect me. But as soon as my face and hand rested on his chest, I felt a warm, sticky liquid skimmed over my fingers and cheek. They were covered in blood. I looked up at Grey, praying that this was only my imagination and that he was safe.
But my prayers were unheard. I looked up at Grey to see his eyes bulged open, a bullet hole right next to his heart. He lay lifeless, I could tell that it had just happened; he still had color in his beautiful face. Tears stung my eyes and slid down my face to my neck and I started to scream for help.
"Please! No, Grey, don't leave me! HELP! NURSE, DOCTOR, DAMIAN! ANYONE, PLEASE SAVE HIM! No Grey!" I was screaming as loud as I possibly could, making sure that anyone who was here would hear my miserable cries for help. I just got him. I couldn't lose him.
I tried to get out of bed to find a nurse, but ropes came and tied me down. Grey melted away into the sheets, leaving his blood as a haunting memory of my boyfriend of only three hours. I was still screaming for Grey and trying to break free of the ropes.
"Jude. Why did you do this to me? Why did out me, Jude? You're the reason why i'm dead! IT'S YOUR FAULT!" Grey's voice radiated around the room and flooding my ears. This can't be real, this can't be real.
The demon was still laughing away in the corner, making things rattle and the ground shake. Light was pouring through cracks that were appearing in the walls and ceiling. The demon finally stepped out, taking the farm of a man I know i've seen before.
The walls and ceiling we now non-existing and replaced by golden light. If I wasn't tied down to the bed I would've fallen off due to the strong gusts of wind. The man slowly approached my bed and sat by my feet.
"You did that to him, you know. You wanted him all for yourself, and then you go and get him killed. You should be disgusted." he spat in my face. The golden light started to turn red and the wind blew so fast that the bed started to lift off the floor.
* TRIGGERING PART ENDS HERE*
"Jude. Jude. Jude!" I woke with a start and was sitting up. I looked around the room and saw some familiar faces. Grey was sitting to my right and Damian was at my feet. A nurse was by my left, checking my vitals and typing something on his computer.
I looked at Grey and immediately started bawling my eyes out. He pulled me into a tight hug and helped me calm down. My guess was that it was ten minutes of him holding me. Ten minutes of me holding the boy that was murdered in my dream.
"Was it a nightmare?" Damian asked with extreme concern. I couldn't bring myself to speak, so I just nodded my head and lay back down on the bed in defeat. "Maybe we should talk to Mr. Rajek again."
I groaned and shook my head as fast as I could. I hated that guy. Whenever I was in his office I was always uncomfortable and angry. He would make me talk about my past a lot, which I was never up for. It just made me feel scared and hopeless all over again.
"Okay, Jude. I'm gonna get the doctor for final approval but it looks like you're gonna be able to leave today." The nurse said as he was about to walk out. Great. Today means that I have to get all my shit out of the house and live on the streets. Unless there's an LGBTQ+ house. But I know the truth. We live in the most homophobic city in my state. So that's a definite fucking no.