Chapter 19

Jude POV

"Yeah, of course. Here, you can sit on Haiden's bed." Casey went over to the other bed to move some stuff on the floor, letting Myka and Alis sit down.

"Are you okay?" I had to make sure. I didn't want to know that he was faking his mental state on our behalf.

"I'm feeling better. Im really sorry, I didn't mean for your first time hanging out here to be this bad. I'm never like this. It was just the little boy, I guess he was a trigger." Myka sat on the bed and leaned against the wall, raising his knees up to his chest.

"You don't have to be sorry. It wasn't something that you could control, we totally get it." Grey smiled at Myka, which made Myka smile softly as well.

"Still, I feel really bad. Next time, this won't happen. I promise. We can actually have fun and you guys can meet the rest of the kids."

"That's sounds good. It would be nice to know more people in our situation." I looked at Grey and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

We got lost in conversation, I wanted to stay there forever. But, alas, I got a text from Damian, saying that he'll be here to pick us up in half an hour.

Me: Have you talked to Caleb yet?!

Dai: ...

Me: DAMIAN! You need to talk to him.

Dai: Didn't you say that he was busy tho?

Me: Even if he's busy as of right now, that doesn't give you the excuse to not talk to him or make plans for two days.

Dai: Jude, you just worry about your relationship, I'll work on mine. You don't have to play love-matcher for me, okay? I'll be there in thirty. Be ready, you got homework to do still.

***

The half hour came too fast. I didn't want to leave my new friends, and this safe place. But, it would be kinda nice to go home, finish all my homework and stuff, and maybe play some basketball til we go to bed. Oh, and a shower. Yeah, a shower sounds nice.

Before we knew it, we were saying goodbye to everyone and getting in Damian's car. Alis gave me his number before we left, and I was happy. I'm finally starting to get more than one friend!

"Did you guys have fun?" Damian asked us.

"Well, besides what happened with the child and Myka getting upset, yeah, I kinda had fun. We were just chilling in Casey and Haiden's room and talking. It was fun to me..." I realized how lame my idea of fun sounded when I said it out loud. I looked at my hands, my thumb stroking my other hand.

Grey noticed, so he held my hand and drew shapes with his thumb. "I had fun. I'm still kinda worried about Myka, though. I know that he has his friends with him, it's just kinda hard for me not to worry."

"That's a good quality for friendship." Damian said.

"So, Dai. Is there any reason why you didn't come in to get us?" I was teasing him. I knew he didn't because of Caleb, but...I don't want him to avoid him like this all the time.

"Very funny Jude. Grey, how are we going to park without your parents noticing?"

"Oh. Uh, I guess you should turn off the headlights before we get to the driveway. Drive slowly, too. Knowing them, they're probably not looking out the windows. They're probably watching TV or figuring out something for work."