Chapter 15

Jude POV

I was left there, sitting on the desk, thinking about what had just happened. Grey wanted to go public, kind of. I'm glad that we talked about it, I was thinking that the whole day would have been awkward until we got home.

I had about ten minutes to spare, so I decided to go to the bathroom to run some cold water on my face, seeing as though I felt like I could fall asleep standing up.

The bathroom was empty from what I could tell, which made it a little better. People would always be wary of me or stare at me, like I had a disease or something. I never really minded, they never said or did anything, and they were just ignorant anyway.

The water felt cold against my hot face; it was as red as it could ever get. I decided that I should check my bandages and make sure they are still secure, so I headed into a stall.

My pants were halfway down to my knees when I heard the door open and close, accompanied with laughter and a small sliding sound, finally clicking into place. It's just some friends who have to go to the bathroom, nothing more. Calm down, pull your pants back up, and head to class.

I opened the stall only to be startled by three familiar faces. I couldn't exactly put where I knew them, but I've seen them outside of school before. Maybe it was the hospital? A swim meet? No, maybe the clinic? "But that can't be right, I thought I was the only outed person at school. Could they be living there, because they were thrown out by their parents and not told anyone?" It could be.

One of the guys walked up to me, not too close so I would have room to move, but close enough to insinuate conversation. "Hey, I saw you at the clinic a few days ago. I'm Myka, but the way." He held out his hand with a friendly smile on his face. I shook it.

"Jude. Yeah, I needed to get my stitches redone, so Caleb fixed them for me." I looked at the clock, still have about four minutes left. "How do you know the clinic? I mean, do you live there or something?"

"Yeah, I've been going there for about a year and a half now. How did you find out about the clinic?"
His friends were ready to go, so we started walking out of the bathroom.

"Caleb was one of my nurses when I was in the hospital. I'm sure everyone's heard by now about it." I looked at the time. "I gotta go. What lunch do you have? I'm second. Maybe we can sit next to each other or something."

"Sure. I'm second too. I'll look out for you. See ya later, Jude."

We walked in the opposite direction, some of his friends separating to the stairs, the other walking the same way I was. This was good. I was started to get friends. Actual friends.

***
History came and went, same with English and my study hall. It was time for lunch already, and I was a little excited. I got to see Grey for a whole thirty minutes without any teachers interrupting our conversation, and I was going to be able to talk to Myka for a bit, too.

Grey was already sitting at the table; his friends were shouting at him, telling him to come sit with them. I walked over with a small smile, sitting my tray down and sitting next to him.

"You can go over there, you know. I won't stop you. It's not fair that you can't hang out with you're friends just because of me. I'll be fine."

"What're you talking about? I don't wanna go over there, they would just talk about you in a negative manner. Besides, all they want to talk about is the fight, and I'm not really up for reliving it with a bunch of assholes. Get what I'm saying?"

I let out a small laugh. I was relieved. "Yeah, I know what you mean. Hey, there's some guys coming over to eat with us. They go to the clinic, I thought we could get to know them better."