Chapter 20

Okay, I'm sorry that I haven't updated. I've been stressed about watching my siblings and my art, also I've been working on a new story, one that I want to really take my time on. But you don't really care about that, so I'm gonna shut up.

Jude POV

Christmas Eve was already here. I had texted my mom yesterday to see if she was okay with all of us going to the party, and thankfully she said yes. I had made sure that all my gifts were as wrapped as they were gonna get before getting dressed.

"Hey. Did you find what you're gonna wear, yet?" Grey asked me.

"Yeah. I'll go change in the bathroom, so you can change in here."

"Okay. Don't take too long." He joked to me. I grabbed the outfit that I was planning on wearing-a black dress shirt with black skinny jeans and a yellow bow tie- and changed as fast as I could. I waited a little bit to let Grey get dressed also, before I opened the door.

"Okay so um.. I've never really put on a tie before... do you know how to?" I laughed as I looked at Grey. He had a red tie hanging around his neck, looking at me with embarrassment in his eyes.

"Come here, ya goof." I helped him with his tie and pulled him in for a kiss. "You look wonderful. Everyone's gonna love you."

"So do you. I like you in black." This made me blush slightly, and I pulled him in for another kiss. He looked so cute. We were almost matching, he found a black sweater and black jeans. The sweater was his older brother's, so it was a little bigger on him. The sleeves came over his fingers, which made him look even more adorable.

"You ready? Do you need to fix your hair or anything?"

"No, I'm good. Just let me get the gifts and we can go." Most of the gifts that were for my family were paintings or drawings. Although, I did get Blaine something really cool that I was excited to see him open.

Once we made sure that we had everything and that we looked nice, we put all of the gifts in the car and helped Damian with his tie as well. Grey and I sat in the back, my head was resting on his shoulder as he had his arm wrapped around my back.

"Do we want to listen to over played Christmas music?" Damian asked.

"I would prefer not. There's gonna be a lot of that when we get there."

Damian nodded and turned some mellow music on. I think it was Oh Wonder, but I wasn't really focused on them right now. All I wanted to do was lay in Grey's arms, which is exactly what I did.

***

The drive was about half an hour away, but it went by pretty quick. There was some point where I actually almost fell asleep, but I never did for more than two minutes. It was snowing lightly outside, just enough to dust the driveway of my grandmother's house.

"Jude, you need help with the presents?" Damian was getting out of the car already, putting his hood up so his hair wouldn't get wet from the floating snowflakes.

"I think I got them. You can carry the salad, though." Grey grabbed the box despite my protest, so I opened the door for both of them. Stepping in my grandmas house, I could already tell that it will be a pleasant night.

The air was warm, and it smelled like chicken and apple pie. We wiped our shoes off on the placemat and I hung our coats up. Damian immediately went in the kitchen to put the salad that I made in the fridge, and I heard all the cheers an hellos. I looked back at Grey, who was smiling and looking at me, too.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

I put my hand on his lower back and led him into the living room. There was a warm glow of light bouncing off the orange-brown walls. The Christmas tree was lit, all the little angel ornaments completing the tradition.

Everyone said hello and talked at once. Grey was still smiling, saying hello in response.

"This is Grey." I took the box from him and laid out all the presents where I could find room under the tree. My mom made her way over to us, holding a cup of water in her hand.

"I'm so glad to see you. Merry Christmas," she hugged me and then turned her attention to Grey. "It's very nice to meet you, Grey."

"It's nice to meet you, too, Mrs. Calwar." Grey stuck his hand out, but my mom just ignored it and pulled him into a hug. "Why don't you boys go sit down, we're going to open presents in a few minutes."

I led Grey over to the couch where literally all the grandchildren sit. Blaine and Grey were talking, they knew each other from the basketball team. While they talked, Blaine's sister, Miranda, turned her attention to me for once in my life.

"So. This your boyfriend? He's cute." She stood up and motioned me to follow her. She led me into the kitchen. "He's a keeper. Don't fuck it up." I was left there alone, speechless. That was the only time she's ever talked to me, and that was all she had to say? Wow.

I grabbed two cans of soda and headed back to the couch. Everyone seems to like Grey, which made me very happy. And he seemed to like everyone else, and he wasn't uncomfortable. Which made me even more happy.

"Alright everyone. I think that it's time to open the gifts. We'll do youngest to oldest. So, that'll be Miranda." My Grandma said. Damian and I passed around the first round of gifts to everyone, and we all watched as Miranda opened a new phone case. Next it was my turn, and I had a rather large box at my feet. I never really liked opening my biggest ones first, it made me feel greedy. But, I digress.

There's no way I could lift the damn thing, it was so heavy. So I kneeled down on the floor and ripped the black and sliver wrapping paper open.

"Whoa."

"It's an official Hogwarts trunk. I made it in shop class last year, I just had to put the finishing touches on it." The trunk had the official Hogwarts chest on the front, and sealed on were all the book covers, quotes, spells, and important symbols from each book.

"Wow, Damian. This is amazing. When did you get it here? You haven't been out of my sight for these past three weeks." This made everyone laugh.

"It's been here since last year. I told you, I was finishing the details. Blaine helped me with finding all the quotes and symbols and stuff, since I haven't read them yet."

"Thanks guys. This is awesome."
I sat back up on the couch and wrapped my arm around Grey. We both watched Blaine open his gift from our grandma, as Grey leaned his head against my shoulder. I returned the action by resting my head on his, and we would only break this once we would open our gifts. But even then we were still holding hands.

I felt bad because Grey didn't really get that many, most of them were from me and Damian. But my mom even got him something; a set of sliver stud earrings. Damian must have told her that his ears are pierced, because I certainly don't remember mentioning it to her. I let Grey open most of my gifts, which he was protesting about the entire time. My last gift was from Blaine, although there were no more boxes or bags.

"Where is it, then?" I laughed.

"You didn't even open the chest, now did you?"

I smiled at him and bent down yet again to open it. Inside, there was a set of all the wands, Ravenclaw robes, and a small box of wizard candy.

"Thank you, Blaine."

"Eh. I got it all on sale on Amazon." This also made everyone laugh, me especially hard. Each year, Damian, Blaine and I would see what we could find for the cheapest price on Amazon on Cyber Monday. We tried to keep it under fifty dollars and get something fandom related, even though Damian isn't that big of a nerd as Blaine and I.

"Anyway, that isn't as epic as my new anime collection I got rolling, huh Jude?"

"No, you're definitely correct. I only got the ones that I hear you talk the most about." I sat back on the couch, again moving straight towards Grey.

Hmm. Definitely the best Christmas yet. Unless tomorrow will go better, which I don't think is possible.