A Splash Of Color [Kiyotaka Ishimaru x Reader]

You examined your hand curiously, lips pursing in thought. You ran your other hand over your black palm and fingertips, tilting your head in curiosity. Looking up, your eyes scanned the room, hoping to find your soulmate, but it wouldn't be that simple.

In your world, everyone had a soulmate. Their skin would be black where their soulmate was destined to touch them for the first time. Once they touched, the black skin would explode in vibrant colors, and you would know you found your soulmate.

Some were born with obvious black marks, such as the female you knew from the 77th class who had a big black handprint across her cheek. She knew she would be slapped one day by someone who was destined to be her soulmate, but you always believed her soulmate would end up being an asshole.

Others, such as your friend Mondo Oowada, had black knuckles. Mondo was always worried that he might punch his soulmate one day. You always snickered at the thought - what a terrible way to meet.

No matter what, everyone you knew had a black mark on their skin from where their soulmate was supposed to touch them. Well, that is all but Kiyotaka Ishimaru.

Your friend had voiced his concerns to you many times. He didn't seem to have one black mark upon his pale skin - no handprint, or bruise, or mark of any sort. You always reassured him that he had a soulmate, but if you were being honest, you weren't so sure yourself.

"Byakuya Togami, you're a complete asshole!"

Turning your head just in time, you watched another female from your class immediately call Byakuya out. You chuckled in amusement, watching it unfold. The female raised her hand, smacking him across the face.

"Oooh, that's gotta hurt," you chuckled to yourself, wincing at the sound the slap made. "Well, somebody's gotta call Togami out on his shit."

Just when you thought it was getting good, Byakuya's cheek burst into colors. Your eyes widened, and you growled, resting your chin in the palm of your hand. Looks like he just found his soulmate.

"Damn, even Togami has found his soulmate!" You exclaimed, throwing up your hands in defeat. "Seriously, he's such a prick, too!"

"That kind of language is not acceptable in a school environment!"

You turned your head to see Kiyotaka Ishimaru approaching. You have him a wave, watching as he took a seat next to you. You nodded, a small smile on your face.

"Sorry, Taka," you apologized, a cheeky grin on your face, "but you know how passionate I get about these things."

With a smile, you gestured in the direction of Byakuya and his soulmate. He followed your gaze, a frown crossing his lips. He fell silent, looking down at the ground.

"Ah, don't worry about it, Taka," you told him, realizing what was going on. "You'll find your soulmate - I know so. You know what else I know? You love busting people for doing stupid things, and I'm pretty sure I saw two gay beans snogging in the corridors."

A small smile crosses his lips as he stood up. "You do know how to make me happy, don't you, (Y/N) (L/N)?"

You shrugged, your signature smirk on your lips. "What can I say? It's a talent."

* * *

Kiyotaka stared in the mirror, watching his own reflection. He let out a frustrated huff, tightening his grip on the edges of the bathroom sink. He examined his reflection before sighing, splashing water onto his face.

He had taken to hiding in the bathroom in a futile effort to calm down. He just needed to get away from everyone in that moment, try to clear things up.