Everything Stays [Gundham Tanaka x F!Reader]

Let's go in the garden.

(Y/N) (L/N) sat on a park bench, watching the clouds roll by. A soft spring breeze blew her (H/C) hair off her shoulders. Her hair billowed in the wind, but she didn't care. Nothing could ruin this moment.

It was quiet, just how she liked it. Few people were in the park, so there was less of a chance for her to be bothered. She sighed contently, watching the great white clouds float around lazily in the sky.

She hadn't really wanted to come back here. It was a place full of memories - some she never wanted to relive. People had changed, and she was scared of how different they'd be when she'd see them again.

This town was familiar to her. She used to live here. She'd come to the same park bench every day, just sitting and noticing. There was so much to notice when you really looked for it.

Maybe she was drawn back to this old place to search for him. Maybe he was still here.

(Y/N) doubted it, though. She hadn't seen him in years. He couldn't possibly remember her, and even if he did, why would he want to associate with her?

Closing her eyes, she let out a heavy sigh. Maybe she had come here for nothing at all. He probably didn't care about her anymore.

You'll find something waiting.

She opened her eyes, her (E/C)-eyed gaze landing on a male in dark clothing. She tilted her head, studying the male closer.

There was something about him...something familiar. He kept his back turned to her, so she wasn't able to get a good look at him. All she could really see was a long black coat and a purple scarf fluttering slightly in the wind.

No, no there was definitely something familiar about him. The clothing, the white and black hair. She knew him, didn't she?

Without fully realizing it, she stood up, slowly walking over. The closer she got to the figure, the more familiar he became.

Right there where you left it, lying upside down.

No, she had to have seen him before. She...she was close to him once, wasn't she?

(Y/N) stopped, staring at him. She had left him here before. She had left him in that exact spot. She told him she would be coming...but she never came.

He was growing worried. She hadn't shown up yet. There was some big news she had to tell him, but if it was so important, then why hadn't she shown up yet?

Unbeknown to him, (Y/N) had shown up. She just couldn't gather up the courage to tell him.

They had been friends for years now. Yet, for some reason, she couldn't tell him. She couldn't tell him anything.

She hid behind a tree, tears sliding down her face. She was a coward, she couldn't tell him.

And (Y/N) ran, leaving him all alone. She wasn't seen in that town since. That was, until now.

But this time, she wasn't backing down. She continued to walk towards him, mustering up all the courage she had.

She could do this. She could do this.

(Y/N) tapped the male on the shoulder. "Gundham?" She questioned in a soft voice.

When you finally find it.

The male turned around, his different colored eyes lighting up in recognition. "(Y/N)?"

You'll see how it's faded.

"Gundham Tanaka," she laughed softly, shaking her head in disbelief. "You've changed, haven't you?"

He smiled, laughing along. He reachedout and grabbed a chunk of her (H/C) locks. "You've changed as well...your hair's a lot shorter, isn't it?"

"I guess so," she said. She stared at him, hugging herself. "Gosh... you're just...so different!"

The underside is lighter when you turn it around.

It felt odd talking to him. She hadn't see him in years, and he'd grown so much. He was far taller, towering over her. His clothing had changed, but he still kept that dark intimidating manner about himself. It was almost as if he was a different person.

He didn't carry that depressing exterior anymore. He was actually... happy. Someone had changed him, and it certainly wasn't her.

Everything stays right where you left it.

Everything was supposed to stay where she had left it. Everything was supposed to be the same when she returned...but it wasn't.

She was supposed to be happy when she came back, rejoicing with all her friends. But they were not the friends she knew. Not anymore.

(Y/N) could feel tears in her eyes, a lump developing in her throat. This was not the Gundham Tanaka she knew.

This was a total stranger.

Everything stays-

Nothing was staying. Everything was different. No one was the same. She couldn't recognize anybody...not even herself.

-but it still changes.

Oh, everything changed alright. But, she couldn't determine if it was for the better or the worst.

Tears streamed down her cheeks. She couldn't hold them back anymore. Someone had broke the dam, and her tears were a raging river, rushing down her face.

"(Y/N)?"

Ever so slightly.

Gundham extended a hand, but she backed away. She shook her head, not recognizing the man in front of her.

"I have to go," she spluttered, turning around.

"(Y/N)!"

Daily and nightly.

She ran, not knowing where. She had to get away from here.

Gundham continued following her, calling out her name. But she couldn't look back. She would never look back.

In little ways...

She hid behind a tree, covering her mouth with a shaking hand. Her tears would not stop coming.

(Y/N)'s legs were weak. She said against the back of the tree, falling on the ground. She pulled her legs into chest, sobbing quietly.

...when everything stays.

I fucking love this song. Like, when Rebecca Sugar sings this, it's just insane! This wasn't requested, I just really wanted to do this.

On another note, the DR killing game will be up soon. In the meantime, please check out my other books!

|UP NEXT!|

Learning to Love [Kiibo x Mute!Robot!F!Reader]