Control [Mondo Oowada x F!Reader]

People had misconceptions about why people cut. It wasn't because they were depressed or even fucking emo. It was because they wanted to have control.

Cutting was their own personal freedom. Society had set so many restrictions on things. Cutting gave them the control they desired. Every mark on their skin proved they actually had control of something, and it was satisfying.

On top of that, it was something you could easily hide. You can just cover it up with clothing, and no one has to know. You can fake a happy attitude during the day to please people, and then you can take control and do what you really want at night.

Some people craved control for different reasons: maybe they wanted to control their weight, or their emotions, or their anxiety.

For (Y/N) (L/N), it was because control was something she lacked. She have control over if her father beat her, nor did she have control over if her classmates verbally abused her. But she had control over what she did to her body.

She wasn't fucking ashamed of those cuts. She wore them like medals of honor. Each cut proved that she was in control, that she hurt herself on her own free will. Clothing could easily hide them, and no one could find out. But there was one little flaw to her plan.

Her soulmate.

Any injury you received, your soulmate received as well. Any cut, burn, or broken bones transferred over to your soulmate. (Y/N) just prayed that her soulmate wouldn't find out who she was, or else's she would be in big trouble.

* * *

"Son of a-" Mondo Oowada bit down on his knuckle as he felt a sharp, stinging sensation on his arm. This alerted the attention of his friend, Kiyotaka Ishimaru, who turned to look at him.

"Don't tell me..." Kiyotaka trailed off, looking down a Mondo's arms. He shook his head sadly, setting down the book he was reading.

Mondo rolled up the sleeve of his long jacket, revealing the fresh cut on his arm. A line of blood stretched across his forearm, beginning to drop. Mondo bit his lip, hissing at the pain.

"You're soulmate's at it again," Kiyotaka muttered remorsefully. "How many does that make now?"

"I lost count at twenty," Mondo told him, rolling up his jacket sleeves and jeans to reveal row upon row of cuts.

Kiyotaka shook his head in disappointment. "We really must find your soulmate, Kyoudai. I fear it may only get worse from here."

"Tell me about it," Mondo sighed, running a hand through his hair. "But where the hell would I even start? I could be searching all my life and never find her."

"Well, what's her name?" Kiyotaka asked, pointing to Mondo's soulmate bracelet. "Chihiro could search her up."

To help find your soulmate, you had a metal bracelet on engraved with your soulmate's name. It only came off of you found your soulmate, or if your soulmate died.

The biker looked down at his bracelet, running his hand over the smooth, engraved metal. "Her name's (Y/N) (L/N)."

* * *

"His name's Mondo Oowada," the Ultimate Makeup Artist explained with false excitement. "He's been getting in some accidents lately, though. I mean, just look at my arms!"