Chapter |19|

Your point of view:

"Alright, it looks like we're all done here. Do you have any plans now that you've got your cast off?" The doctor had asked me as he went and put a wash cloth under warm water then making his way back to me to clean my arm along with wrist.

"I do actually," Glancing over at Lauren she gave me a warm smile. "I'm going camping this weekend with her." I nodded in the direction of Lauren.

"Ah, is that so? Remember what I told you, be careful with your wrist. You may have your cast off but you still cannot do things you normally would have been able to do without it, you may feel like it is stiff but that is completely normal. But if you experience any pain, don't hesitate to call in and we will get it checked out. As for now, you're all good to go, you'll need to set up a follow up appointment with your primary care doctor." He explained which I had already knew. This wasn't my first time breaking a bone.

"Noted. Thank you." With that he had said his goodbye and we had made our way back to Lauren's apartment.

*** Next day ***

"Okay, so I've packed tooth brushes, clothes, swimming suits, one in your size of course, some snacks, drinks, pillows, there's blankets in the back seat, and I've got bug spray." Lauren told me as she put the bag in the trunk of her car before shutting it and looking at me. "What are you doing?"

I stood in black sweat pants and a grey hoodie, my eyes closed as I stood against the carport pole. It is 5 in the morning and I was practically dragged out of bed by Lauren, so of course I'm going to be tired. We stayed up talking about Teen Wolf last night and I'm not sure how she's wide awake right now. "Hm?" I fluttered my eyes open focusing on the brunette who looked at me like I was a puppy.

"You are so cute when you're tired." Lauren walked over to me, sliding her hands down the curvature of my upper body before kissing my cheek. "Are you ready to get on the road?"

"I'm ready to take a nap. You woke me up too early, Laur." I whined and tiredly pulled the hood over my head making Lauren laugh and push it back down.

"You can sleep on the car ride, you faking being mad at me isn't doing any good buddy." She said before opening the passenger door for me, I rolled my eyes and walked over to the passenger side.

"I'm not your buddy."

"Oh, but I thought you wanted to be friends before we jumped back into things no?"

"Yeah yeah yeah. Let's go." Huffing I got in the car and put on my seatbelt as Lauren shut the door and then got in on the drivers side.

"You're such a grumpy pants this morning." She stayed turning on the car, she checked her rear view before putting the car in reverse and backing out of her parking spot.

I reached to the back seat and grabbed one of the blankets and put it over me before speaking, "I always am grumpy when woken up early, it's nothing new. I'm sleeping now." I closed my eyes and leaned against the window, I have my comforter blanket that isn't really a blanket, it's a grey sweatshirt that says 'Army' on it.

When I was younger my dad was in the army and he had to go to Kuwait because he was being deployed there, he gave me his sweatshirt and I've grown attached to it even though he's not gone anymore and not in the army anymore. It's a comfort item now.

"I want Starbucks." Lauren suddenly said making me open my left eye and look at her.

"I'm sleeping." I closed my eyes only to hear Lauren's adorable laugh.

*** ***

"So this is her? Y/n you said?" I heard a low male voice say from outside of the car.

"Yes, and don't play any of your stupid flirting things that you usually do Chris." Lauren's raspy voice entered my ears and the hairs on my arms stood up.

"I don't even know what you're talking about.. I don't flirt with any of the girls you introduce us to." I heard Lauren scoff before speaking, "You and I both know that is a big ass lie, you flirted with Sarah. Not to mention she was the only girl I had ever introduced to you guys because you all have a way of making me dating someone a big deal."

Chris laughed and I sat up, I didn't want to eavesdrop on their conversation any longer. It seemed like a private conversation, if Lauren wants to tell me I'm willing to listen but I don't want to listen in on anything she wouldn't want me to know.

"Your girlfriend is awake." He said in a teasing tone which made Lauren turn her head in my direction, her serious expression was now replaced with a sweet smile as she uncrossed her arms from her chest and opened the door for me.

"Good morning sleepy, how'd you sleep?" Humming I rubbed my eyes before speaking, "Well, considering the fact that I slept through the whole ride, I would say pretty well." I unbuckled my seat belt and took Lauren's hand as she helped me out of the car.

"What time is it, Lo?"

"Around 9 in the morning, Chris and my parents had already set up tents and everything, I took our stuff to our tent so we don't have to worry about that. But I should introduce you to my brother." She looked around to see him talking to her parents and friends, "How the hell did he get over there? I swear he was just right next to me I was talking to him."

Chuckling I said, "We love a ninja." Which made Lauren role her eyes and laugh.

"I'll introduce you, come?" Lauren held out her hand for me and I took it, interlocking our fingers together as she lead me over to her family and friends.

"Guys, this is Y/n. Y/n this is my mom Clara, and my dad Michael but everyone calls him Mike. These are my friends, Normani, Ally, Dinah and Camilla." Lauren introduced me quick and I smiled politely and said my hello's.

"Um, Lauren, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked, "Of course." I walked over to one of the tents.

"What's up precious?" She rubbed my arms while keeping eye contact with me.

Sighing I spoke nervously, "I don't know if I can do this, I don't do well with meeting new people and I get like anxiety about getting to know everyone."

"Baby, it's okay. I'll be right by your side, to calm you, to remind you that everything is okay. You have nothing to worry about, this weekend is supposed to be fun. Please just give it a chance?"

"Okay." My voice came off soft and Lauren leaned in and softly connected her lips with my own, we are supposed to be taking this slow but I can't help the way I act around her and it seems she can't either.

This weekend should be interesting.