Chapter |18|

Look at me updating more frequently😂

Your point of view:

"You told me that we could talk about this whole Lauren thing on the way home, so let's talk?" Kevin asked turning the key as the engine roared to life.

Kevin and I had fun for the rest of the night but after a while we began to get exhausted. It's normal when you're having fun.

I nodded my head, taking a sip of my green tea before swallowing. "Where do I even begin?"

"From the beginning?" He laughed as he pulled out of the parking lot and took a left in the direction of his house.

"I was upset, and I had every right to be upset. She kissed me in front of people who could possibly go to our school, I had a lot to say to Lauren about that. Also, she ended things so she just can't expect me to be happy that it was her when she hurt me. So, I had told her that she always was on my ass about if people were to find out about us and then she just thinks she can kiss me in front of everyone?" I scoffed still a bit irritated at the subject. "After a while she asked me for a second chance, so I told her we can be friends and then we can see where things go."

Kevin hummed before glancing over at me, "I know you are going to ask me something, so go ahead and ask away."

"Okay, well. Do you think I should've told her that we can see where things go, kind of like take things slow?" Biting at my bottom lip I grew anxious to know what Kev was about to say.

"Y/n, I know she makes you happy so I think you should give it a second chance. You clearly make her happy as well, I think she could be in love with you."

"You think so?" I raised my right eyebrow.

"I really think she could be."

"I think I should take things slow with her though, even if she is in love with me. I know for a fact that I am in love with her, I just want to hear it from her." I said as we pulled into the driveway.

"Be careful. I don't want to see you getting hurt again okay?" Nodding my head I opened the car door and shut it behind me, Kevin soon to do the same.

*** A few days later ***

"That is all I have for class today, please don't forget to bring the assignment on the amendments on Monday." Lauren said a bit loud so that we could hear her over the bell.

Packing my notebook, and reading book in my backpack I looked up towards the front of the room at Lauren who was placing papers in a file cabinet seemingly lost in thought. Zipping my backpack up and throwing it over my shoulder, I was going to head out the door until my last name was called.

I hadn't talked to Lauren as much since the night of the carnival/fair. I also hadn't gone back to her apartment or spent much time with her because I have been focused on school along with work.

Turning around I gave her a warm smile, "Yeah?"

"I need to talk to you." She said making her way out from behind her desk and towards my direction which was the back of the classroom. The classroom was now empty and Lauren's footsteps echoed slightly.

"Is it important? Because, I wanted to get something to eat, I didn't get breakfast this morning and my stomach is literally begging me to get some food into my system." Letting out a soft chuckle I set down my bag on one of the desks.

"I can get you something in a minute. So, you haven't really spoken to me as much since the night of the carnival?"

Sighing I shifted my stance, "I'm not avoiding you or anything, I just have been swamped with school along with work. I literally crash when I get back to Kevin's house even when I don't have work. I'm sorry that I haven't been spending much time with you, I'm free all weekend and we can hang out at your place if you would like?"

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about, I was going to ask you if you were free this weekend because my parents wanted to go camping with my friends, siblings and I along with some of their friends. I'd really like it if you would join us." Lauren explained placing her right hand on my left arm, rubbing her thumb over my skin which had sent chills down my spine.

"I don't think that's a great idea.." I was about to continue but the door opened, Lauren had removed her hand from my arm and stepped a few feet back from me.

"Ms.Jauregui, I was wondering if it's too late to turn in an assignment from a few days ago? I thought I turned it in but I didn't."

The younger girl who looked like a sophomore and Lauren began to talk for a few minutes, Lauren giving me an apologetic look when the red head had handed her a paper while thanking the brunette in front of her before leaving the classroom.

"Well, aren't you kind for letting her turn in an assignment three days late." I joked pulling Lauren closer to me by her waist.

Lauren let out a small chuckle before speaking,"I really am, aren't I?"

"If only you were that kind to me when I want to turn an assignment in a few days late."

"That's because you are a senior, you are supposed to be more punctual about due dates. As for Katrina, she is a freshman. I let it slide." The brunette explained which had only made me roll my eyes.

"She really looked like a sophomore." I mumbled to myself, "Anyways, the bell is about to ring and you said you would get me something to eat."

"Mm, not quite yet. I want to know why you don't think it is a good idea to go camping with me." Lauren leaned back on the desk and I raised a brow.

"You're really asking me that right now? Your friends, family, and their friends will be there. What am I supposed to tell them when they ask me how I met you? 'Oh, yeah. We didn't meet how people normally meet, I'm Lauren's student and she and I have had sex on so-'"

I was cut off by Lauren shaking her head while laughing, "You'll tell them that we met at the music store downtown, that I was trying to figure out a song that I didn't know the name of but knew the way it went and you offered to help me."

"Okay... and what is that song?"

"Claire De Lune. It's a beautiful piece, I love it. Really brings me to tears." She explained.

"Ugh, fine. If this ends badly, which it could because I am a horrible liar. The blame is on you, not on me. When do we leave?" I asked.

"Tomorrow morning really early, it's a 3 hour drive so we will have to leave a little bit before sunrise."

"Well that's perfect, I get my cast off today after school so I can do a bunch of shit that I used to do." I exclaimed happy. "Although, I really hate waking up early.. before sunrise, really?"

"Mhm, and mind if I take you to get your cast off?" Lauren smiled her beautiful smile that I knew I couldn't say no to.

"Yeah, appointment is at four, but I've really gotta go now. Food, Lo."

Lauren looked up at the clock before making her way back to her desk and pulling out a blueberry muffin that was still wrapped. "You've got to be kidding me. I could have gotten something more filling than this earlier, I'm fucking starving Lauren."

"Better eat the muffin then, get going." She laughed and I smiled before thanking her and placing a soft kiss on her cheek.

"I'll just go back to your apartment after school, I don't wanna wait." I shrugged before walking out of the door.