Chapter |11|

Your point of view:

A few things were running through my head right now as I stood in the bedroom of Lauren's apartment holding the five one hundred dollar bills in my right hand. Those things being, Is Lauren mad at me? And if so is it because I didn't tell her who I was going to meet? Or is she beating herself up about this?

I coughed before placing the money on her night stand then slipped on one of her hoodies, I'm sure she wouldn't mind. Plus, it smells like her. I headed outside the apartment closing the door behind me before walking down the stairs.

I was walking around the apartment complex looking for Lauren when I saw the familiar brunette sitting on the ground, her head in her hands as her hair fell over her face. Is she okay? Sitting down next to her I looked at her worried but she didn't bother to lift her head.

"Lauren?" Saying her name got her to lift her head from her hands and she ran her hand through her hair to get it out of her face. "I know I'm probably the last person you want to see right now because I made you upset by not telling you that my boss was who I was going to see, but.. are you okay?"

Her green eyes connected with mine and I could tell she was stressed, she gave me a small smile before nodding her head yes. "I'm okay."

"You're not mad at me are you?"

"No, I'm not mad at you, I'm more upset with myself. I could've stopped this from happening if I just went inside with you."

"Please, don't beat yourself up about this." I moved some of her hair out of her face.

Lauren sighed rubbing my cheek with her thumb gently, "You got hurt, again... and I told you that I wouldn't let you get hurt anymore."

"It's fine Lo, it really is. I just have a cut lip but it will heal, stop blaming yourself."

She looked over my face and I could tell she was feeling even more guilty just by looking at my cut and bruises so I stood up and held out my hand for her to take, "I want to take you somewhere."

"Where do you want to take me?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she took me hand to stand up.

"You'll see, can I drive? Please?" I questioned her but she laughed.

"You're not driving my car."

I pulled my wallet out of my right pocket and opened it showing her my license, "Just because I'm a sexy badass who seems to get in trouble a lot doesn't mean I don't have my license, Lauren."

Lauren rolled her eyes before handing me her keys. Remembering that the apartment wasn't locked I told Lauren to stay there and I jogged up the stairs and locked her apartment.

"Just so you know, you're not a badass." Lauren smiled as I walked over to her and we both made our way to her car, me getting in her drivers seat and her getting in the passenger.

"I am a badass." I stated before turning the music on the radio on.

It took us about twenty minutes until we finally reached the place I go to when I want to get away from my shitty home situation and away from people, I would never show someone the place I go to but I trust Lauren and this is what I want to show her.

Turning off the car I got out of it and walked around the car to open Lauren's door, "Thank you." She said softly as she had gotten out of the car.

Grabbing Lauren's hand I walked her to the edge of hill, the place that I took Lauren over looks the whole town and at night I find it peaceful to look at the stars, and over look the town that we live in.