Chapter |7|

Your point of view:

"I didn't even know you knew how to cook?" I said quietly as Lauren unlocked the door to her apartment and when she let me walk in first I was wowed. Her apartment was welcoming, the scent in her house was just like the scent she had... Lavender and maybe honey? I can't exactly pin point the smell but it smells amazing.

"I know how to cook, I'll make you a breakfast sandwich... I'm sorry that Wally's is closed." Lauren said shutting the door and locking it behind her before walking into the kitchen.

I sat down on a chair that was seated in front of the island table in the middle of the kitchen.

"Will you tell me what happened to you please?" Making eye contact with her I nodded.

"I was on my way home from work, and when I got home I saw David, who had a lot to drink in the living room. He yelled at me for getting home late when I was supposedly supposed to be home at 9 because that's my 'curfew.' You can connect the dots from there."

"He hurt you... again! I'm going to fucking kill him." She said through gritted teeth and I looked down at my lap.

"How'd he break your wrist and hand?"

"He stomped on my wrist.. and I broke my hand trying to punch him back but I punched the wall." I explained and Lauren placed two plates that had an egg sandwich on them where we were sitting to eat.

We ate in silence until I finally spoke up nervously but serious,  "I'm sorry.."

"For what?"

"For kissing you earlier, that was below me." I looked down in my lap as I faced her now.

"Don't worry about it, just don't let it happen again. Remember, teacher student." Lauren pointed to her then at me before I nodded my head.

The rest of the morning/day went by pretty fast and so did the weekend, which in all honesty I wasn't too happy about that.

Lauren had offered to take me to my house to grab a few clothes while I stayed at her apartment but I declined, I was going to go early in the morning today before school anyway. I didn't want to her to meet David, it is the best to go early in the morning because he shouldn't be awake.

Last night Lauren had told me that she gets up around 6:20 and leaves to get to the school around 6:40 so I can leave to go to my house before that, around six.

The feeling of my phone buzzing woke me up and I tiredly grabbed my phone from beside me in Lauren's bed and I turned it off.

Lauren refused to let me sleep on the couch and I don't think that is quite fair to her to sleep on the couch, I should be the one who is sleeping on the couch.

I slept in a pair of Lauren's clothes last night that she had offered me, grey sweats along with a black t-shirt which surprisingly fit me. They were just a little bit loose but I can manage.

Once I got my shoes on I quietly walked out of Lauren's bedroom and headed for the front door of her apartment but seeing Lauren sleeping had stopped me for a moment.

She's so beautiful... gross, I'm her student I can't think shit like that.

Shaking my head I slowly unlocked the door and opened it, looking back to where Lauren slept to make sure she didn't wake up. I quickly yet quietly went out the door, shutting it behind me before jogging down the steps and heading towards the direction of my house.

I've seen these apartments before when I take the short cut when walking to school, so I know how far away my house is from here.

It took about twenty minutes to get to my house and when I did I used my key to get inside the front door.