By a quick scan of the area, it was a plethora of dresses, suits, high heels and glitter. Fake fog rolled over the gymnasium floor, completing the look of a wonderland that Shay had aimed for. 

"Ah, I see my date has arrived."

I turned around to to come face to face with Mike, who had the ever present sublime smile on his face and a generous amount of cologne, which was overwhelming me with its effect.

"Did you marinate yourself in your cologne overnight?" I asked, stepping aside a little to let the people pass, who were giving both of us subtle sneers for blocking up the entrance.

"Oh, that's not my cologne, it's the smell of true love. We were destined to find each other. Come now princess, the carriage awaits us," he replied with a dramatic look, and offered me his hand.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to hit on my girlfriend before you are gonna listen?" Sebastian joined in the conversation, shaking his head in disapprobation. The vest jacket that he was wearing was suiting him well.

"A hundred more times and I am still not gonna back off," Mike replied, shooting Sebastian an angelic smile. "Besides, you let her come alone, so you don't deserve to play the boyfriend card."

"So a girl can't come alone to a dance anymore?" I cocked my head to the side. "Anyway, where's your date?"

"Who do you think will come with this joker?" Sebastian asked me, and Mike shot him a icy glare.

"Fine, Sebastian, we get it. You're jealous that Norah is actually in love with me, but like seriously your face is like turning to this vomit shade of green," Mike grimaced with a shudder, and I giggled at his expression. "Jokes apart, I have some important things to do tonight so bringing a date might have inconvenient."

"Important things? Like what?" Sebastian raised his eyebrows in a condescending manner.

"You are gonna find out soon," Mike muttered, with a mischievous smile, bobbing his head up and down.

"I don't like that look on his face," I said, knowing that the dials and gears in Mike's head were turning to invent some prank. "Should we be scared?"

"Not now," he simply replied with a little kick of his shoulder. "But you will be. I'll be seeing you."

Mike snapped his fingers and waving a two finger goodbye, he disappeared into the crowd.

"Should we tell someone about that?" I asked, leaning on to Seb.

"Eh, maybe he's just kidding," Sebastian motioned his hand in a wavy manner, brushing off the topic. "So anyway, now are you going to tell me why was I so strictly ordered not to pick you up tonight?"

I shook my head, acting as if it wasn't a big deal. "It's nothing," I said. "Let's check out the food."

"Shouldn't we like dance first?" Sebastian asked, but traipsed after me anyway.

"I don't feel like dancing," I answered, throwing a nonchalant look over my shoulder.

"Is something wrong?" he asked as we reached the food table, and started browsing through the selection that we were being offered.

I picked up a lemon cookie from one of the glass plates, and taking a bite of it, I shook my head. "Nope, nothing is wrong."

He was about to say something when his attention diverted to the phone in his pocket.

"It's Luke," Sebastian told me. "I'll be back."

I nodded and Sebastian made his way towards the gym entrance. Having nothing else to do, I leaned on the food table, enjoying the refreshing yet sharp taste of the cookies.