{1} Safe

??  Pov

I ran.

I ran as fast as I could. I didn't want to go back, I couldn't go back. Not there, I'll go anywhere but there. I bent a corner stopping to catch my breath but that didn't last long.

"Yoko-chan~? Are you here?"A shiver went up my spine. A voice I once sort for comfort...was no longer comforting.

I looked back in fear and stepped back slowly, softly, hoping he won't see me. Lighting flashed and it showed his back to the entrance of the alley. I spun and ran the other way, I don't want him to see me, to catch me. I don't want to go back there! My heartbeat was fast and I was shivering in the cold rain. Lightening flashed again and the earth shook.

"Where the hell are you brat?! Don't think you can hide from me!! I will find you!" He yelled into nothing but I knew he meant for me to hear him. He knew I would.

I lost him after bending the corner for a sixth time but as soon as I did I ran into someone's legs. I stumbled back and unable to hold my balance, I fell. I laid on the ground not daring to move, the rain falling into my eyes and mixing with my tears. My body was shaking but I wasn't sure if it was from the cold or from me trying to hold my cries.

"Are you okay?" A woman's voice asked me.

I looked up and met the red eyes of an ash blonde woman staring down at me in worry. I opened my mouth to answer but all that came out was a sob. I think I startled her when I began to cry.

"Hey...what's wrong? Did you lose your mommy? Are you lost?" She asked as she stooped to my height.

She has no idea how close to home she hit...but, I wasn't lost. I had nowhere to go, at least... not anymore. Suddenly she took my hands and pulled me up.

"Come on... Let's get you home." I instantly shook my head no.

"Don't let him find me..." I begged gripping onto her sleeve and hiding my face in her chest. "... Please... I don't want to go back. I can't." I told her sobbing at the end.

She patted my head worry still in her eyes but a soft smile on her face.

"How about you come home with me? To get out of this storm? I'll call the police and we'll take it from there." She suggested. I nodded.

Without a second thought she picked me up and continued in the direction she was headed in. Did she not care that I was soaking wet?

"Will you tell me your name?" She asked.

"... Shiyoko..." I answered hiding my face in her chest. She's warm...

"Shiyoko? No last name?" I shook my head no. "Well I'm Bakugo Mitsuki! How old are you Shiyoko-chan?"

"Two..."

"Oh? Well I have a thirteen year old son. His name's Katsuki. Just a heads up but he's loud and can be a bit of a handful. I hope he doesn't scare you much." She spoke with love and irritation towards her son.

I nodded. As we walked the rain got harder but eventually we made it to her apartment I'm guessing. I really wasn't paying attention.

"Here we are!"

She set me gently on the ground and closed the umbrella. I held onto the back of her top as we both walked into her house

"I'm home!" She said and only got one reply.

"Welcome home. Oh? Who is this?" I looked up into the brown eyes of a man with brown spikey hair.

"This is Shiyoko. I bumped into her in the rain." Mitsuki looked down at me "She seemed to be running from something. Masaru, see if you can get onto the police while we dry up." Masaru nodded and walked away.