Feelings, huh? (Errink)

Ink was sat somewhere in the middle of his doodle sphere. He hasn't refilled his vials for.. a bit too long now. No paint has come down to let him feel again, and no sign of any of it dropping from above any time sooner.

Ink was slowly starting to regret his decisions- telling himself what he could've done better. Maybe he could've properly distributed them for each day instead of downing half of all of them at the start of the day- but what's done is done.

Ink was pacing around his doodle sphere. Only few of his vials still had anything in it- and the vials that did had about 1/4 of paint inside. He had to think of something but.. nothing really came to mind. So the best thing he could do is... wait.

[Timeskip]

Days passed and Ink's vials were finally empty. Ink was sat in the middle of his doodle sphere, devoid of any emotions. He felt.. empty, of course. Well, at least he can't regret what happened anymore.

Silence filled the doodle sphere. Not a single sound was made as the artist didn't move an inch. It was unusually and terrefyingly quiet.

After what was most likely an decade, a portal appeared behind Ink. A figure stepped out and walked over to Ink, kneeling down so he was at eye level with him, blank eyed staring at one another.

If it wasn't obvious yet, it was Error that decided to visit.

After a moment of silence, Ink spoke up.

"Hello." Ink said in a monotone voice. Error let out a sigh as he stared at Ink for a couple more seconds.

"Look. Ink, I know I'm, in a way, your rival, and I have no reason to care for you, whatsoever... but, something is off. I want to know what it is." Error explained.

Ink simply looked down at the empty vials, Error following his gaze. Then, everything clicked into place.

At first, Error thought he was purposely not taking it- but it was sonewhat the opposite. He took too much of it that it ran out.

Error then proceeded to have a question pop into his mind. 'Why did the paint stop falling?' Error wanted to go investigate, but he didn't really want to leave Ink like this.

Error let out a sigh and picked up Ink with his strings. He was going to take him around the multiverse until they find more of those stuff to refill Ink's vials.

[Timeskip]

It's been months. Finding these stuff has been harder than Error thought. Error has maybe grown to like Ink more than he did before- maybe because he was more.. quiet.. than usual, but he actually kind of missed how Ink was before.

The two were sat in the middle of Error's void, blue strings hanging from the ceiling while the vast whiteness of the void extends up to who knows where.

Since Error and Ink (though he wasn't really that helpful) couldn't find any of the paint to help Ink feel again, Error has resorted to.. other ways-

He'd just.. talk to Ink. He would always change the topic whenever he didn't recieve the reaction he wanted.

Like for example, He'll talk about Nightmare capturing Blue and Dream in hopes he'd get a worried reaction from Ink- but nothing. So he switches it to himself destroying Alternate Universes to hopefully get a rather angry or annoyed reaction- but also nothing. So, he always ended up talking about Ink.. with Ink-

So now, he was talking with Ink while constantly changing the subject- and Error may have found it out.

"How about.." Error paused, thinking of another topic. "How did you deal with overwhelming feelings before?" Error asked, tilting his head a bit.

"Oh, I blocked the paint from falling from my void for some time so the feelings will go away." Ink replied in a flat tone, staring off into the distance.

Error froze. "You.. what?" "I blocked the pai-" "wHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" "To stop feeling for a week, maybe." "IS IT STILL BLOCKED?!" "Yes." "WHY DIDN'T YOU UNBLOCK IT?!" "It's stuck." The two kept the conversation going before Error ended up trying to find out how Ink blocked the paint from falling.

After a while of persuading, he managed to get it out of Ink. Ink had it all trapped in an empty void but labeled as an au. It was pretty obvious too- Error doesn't know how he didn't find out about it sooner.

Error basically destroyed this 'feelingstale' and all the paint rained down from above. He looked down at Ink with a worried look- he wasn't sure if it worked.

He slowly approached Ink, making sure to be careful. Ink was currently covered in a splash of colors. After a moment, Ink wiped the paint off of his face with a huge grin on his face.

"AwE- ERROR! YOU CARE ABOUT ME!" Ink exclaimed with the happiest smile. Error just shook his head and started walking away. "This is not what I wanted- You were supposed to thank me, and not rub it in my face." Error sighed.

Well, at least Ink is back.

A/N: Are y'all ready for the alternate ending ;3