Chapter Nine (By the Sword, Dragonborn)

Start from the beginning

"What the hell is this mess about barbarian?"
I started tearing off my armor to get my shirt to bind his arm in a tourniquet.

He sucked in a breath. I realized my mistake, I was topless in front of a dying man. And I didn't have time to enjoy it!

A man I knew better than I knew myself. Immediately grateful my twin was wearing a bra at least.

"Why are you trying to save me? Wait five minutes, I'll be dead and you win the war."
He stared at my chest. At least that proved he wasn't dead yet!

"You were the last person I would ever want dead." I said.

His piercing blue eyes snapped to mine and he scowled.

"The dead all around us prove otherwise!"

Gripping his arm harder the bleeding wasn't slowing down fast enough.

"You're my husband genius! Had I known it was you I wouldn't have even picked up the sword."

"I most certainly am not! Our people are at war and your head is my goal."

"No not now. In the future and the past, actually we find each other a lot!"

"Woman, you make no sense! We are enemies!"

Sighing.
"You don't notice a difference between me and who you think I am?"

"I don't keep track of what you do with your hair Your Highness!"
He said condescendingly.

At that moment I stuck my finger in the wound plugging the artery. Making him yelp and glower.

"Was that necessary?" He spat.

"Yes sweetheart, it was!"
He flinched at the words but I continued.
"I wouldn't hesitate to save your life!"

"Because you're crazy and think I'm your mate!"

"No genius! Because I love you, in any life or timeline. And would do whatever it takes to save you."

"Your fucking nuts!"

"Oh shut up! Who dropped his guard?"
He glared, the obvious truth burned.

As my mind tried to figure out a solution, I scanned around me. And saw what looked like a medic pack.

"Okay genius, if you want to live we are going to have to work together! We need to get to that pack."
I jerked my head towards it.

"Oh, I will survive if only to take off your pretty little crazy head!"

"Oh fuck off already!" I said.

"No! You fuck off, you did this!"
He said looking at his arm.

"I was trying to survive the killing fields and the psycho hacking at me! So I chose to end the rampage in one shot!"

"Actually, it was a pretty good shot." He said grudgingly.

"Considering it's been years since I've held a sword. I didn't think I'd survive it."

He stared hard at me again.
"You use a sword daily!"

"Wrong, the other one does! I'm the future."

He cocked his head side to side puzzled.

"Oh for God sake! I can prove it!"

He arched a brow.

I closed the distance my lips covering his. He growled and I wasn't sure if it was legit or what. So I travelled those lips like I owned them! Deepening my tongue darting in to wrap around and stroke my Dragon. Just the way that makes him purr.