But he couldn't tell Wang Shuo that's how he knew. Wang Shuo clearly didn't understand what he talked about, and spiritual energy wasn't a thing in this world unless in fantasy movies or books. While he had no problem breaking laws and acting out of character with his words as he was a god who didn't actually have to follow the rules, he wasn't so reckless where he would say something that could potentially affect his time here and put him in a mental hospital.

Ugh, why do I even feel friendly affection towards him? "Seriously, Shuo? I may have bad grades, but I'm no idiot. Sun did not want to be with you. You told me yourself. Now he's somehow glued to your side with no other explanation? Plus I can practically smell it in the air—you reek of sexual tension. Just what in God's name made you so impulsive suddenly? You want to be with him, fine. But this isn't the way to do it!"

"I had no choice!" Wang Shuo hissed under his breath. "He wouldn't let me have him any other way, and I just wanted to at least once..."

Fang Jian shook his head. "What are you going on about? You always have a choice, and you blew it up."

Before Wang Shuo could say another word, desperation and sadness permanently fixed into his beautiful silver eyes, Sun Lin sashayed into the classroom, her chin up and facial expression arrogant as ever. When she saw Wang Shuo, her lips twisted into a malicious smirk and she stalked over to him like a predator on the hunt for her prey.

"Hello, Shuo. For someone who should be happy and moving on with his life, you seem quite depressed. Did things with your new boyfriend not work out so well as you tried to show off?" she asked mockingly, glee in her tone of voice and her words venomous as she spat out the word "boyfriend" in great jealous disgust.

"Go away, Lin. You're not his girlfriend anymore to bother us," Fang Jian snarled. If anything, he always hated Sun Lin and always made it known both to her and Wang Shuo through his complaints. There was just something about her that was very off setting.

"Before I was his girlfriend, we were all friends. Can't we act civilized?" she batted her eyes innocently. "It's not like we are five anymore. We are adults by law."

"Like you know how to act like an adult," Fang Jian muttered.

Sun Lin threw a nasty glare at him before turning to Wang Shuo, ignoring his friend. "Shuo, you should really get new friends."

"Lin, you should really butt your nose out of my business from now on," Wang Shuo said in the same tone as Sun Lin. This made a few of those who disliked Sun Lin in the class snicker.

Though seething inside at the humiliation, she shoved it down and remained calm and collected on the outside. "Oh, don't act so high and mighty. You and I both know that my brother would never be with you willingly. I've told you all this before, didn't I? So tell me, what did you do?"

"Lin..." Wang Shuo warned. The last thing he needed or wanted was to hear Sun Lin's opinion on the matter.

"What, you think I'm stupid? My xiaoxiao hates you. He told me himself," when she saw Wang Shuo flinch slightly at her words, she smiled and wrapped her hands around hissed bicep. "After all that we've been through together...all the stuff we did to him..."

"...what you manipulated me to do. You fed me baseless lies and empty hatred against your brother so you can be unthreatened. I was never going to marry you, though. Just because I happened to date you longer than most, doesn't mean we were official," Wang Shuo pointed out.

Sun Lin only shrugged, "You still caused damage. Do you really think dynamics matter to him? All he knows is that he sees your face when he is being bullied the most."