•Friendship?•

Hayden's POV

Omg, I'm going on tour with Annie! I have to be honest, I missed her. Badly. Last time we even texted was my birthday. She just said Happy Birthday and I replied Thanks. I said Happy Birthday to her, and she just sent a happy face. Mrs. Katie invited me but I was out of the country in Europe for a tour I was guest starring on. I did post on my story to her saying Happy Birthday, but for my birthday she just texted me. I was heartbroken because I thought our friendship was more than that. But I'm glad she remembered.

"Hayden?" Kenzie asked, making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Hm?" I asked.

"You zoned out a bit. You ok?" Nadia asked.

"Yeah. Just, thinking." I answered, then I quickly glanced at Annie. Who looked, sorta concerned. Sorta the key word.

"About what?" Johnny asked.

"N-Tour. The tour. Uh huh." I answered.

"You sure?" Annie asked.

"Um, I-I gotta go." I got up and walked away.

Annie's POV

I know what he was thinking about. He mummers sometimes what he was thinking about. All I could hear was 'heartbroken' 'Birthday' And 'Annie'.

"Do you know what that was about?" Lauren asked.

"I have an idea. I gotta go." I stood up and went to Kenzie's room, where I saw Hayden sitting by her bed. Then he turned around and saw me. His face, blank. Not even when he saw me. "Hey." I said, then he just turned away.

I went next to him, and sat down; the room was filled with silence.

"So, why did you run off?" I asked; breaking the silence.

"Thinking." He answered.

"Bout what?" I asked.

He didn't answer for a while until? "Why didn't you care about me?" He asked.

"What-" I asked but he cut me off.

"My birthday. You texted me. Saying Happy Birthday. I was happy. But the fans got in my head."

"How So?"

"I wasn't going to post a picture for your birthday because I know you wouldn't like it. So I just posted it on my story. But, on my birthday. You send me two words. Not even putting in Hayden, or an emoji. I didn't think anything of it until now."

"Why?"

"Because, earlier when I was thinking. The look on your face, it was. Different."

"Everyone changes-"

"I know. Just, I thought our friendship meant more than that. But now I know. It doesn't." He then got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Home. My dad's here. See you at the meeting." He scoffed and left.

I dug my head into my knees, thinking. Why would he think that?

"Annie! What was that about? He left without saying bye. Or anything a matter of fact." Hayley asked.

"Nothing." The rest of the day we hung out but all I thought about was Hayden.