Chapter Twenty-Six

The Cute Weird Boy Will Be Mine

June 11th 2013

_______________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Six - Ridley King

If this was what she meant by going out with a bang, she definitely made noise by throwing this party, and succeeded in giving me the worst headache.

The noise from the ongoing party outside my bedroom wasn't helping either. I couldn't even shut the party down and kick everyone out because Scarlett had cleverly hired people to make sure the party kept going; for how long? I didn't know. And I sure as hell couldn't call the police to come and shut this shit show down. No, they'd find the illegal ecstasy and god knows what other illegal substances people brought with them.

I sighed, how'd my day go from making up with Felix in the hottest way imaginable—to this? Speaking of Felix, he was high and needed water. I needed to focus my attention on him and worry about this disaster later. I grabbed the glass cup from my counter and ready to turn the tap on but stopped when I heard the telltale of my bedroom door opening. I forgot all about the empty glass and made my way back into my bedroom.

Felix was nowhere to be found and there, my bedroom door stood wide open.

"Are you kidding me?" I muttered to myself and ran a frustrated hand through my hair before I left my bedroom. It was so loud back out in my apartment with techno music and voices, only worsening both my headache and mood.

Though, thankfully it only took a minute to find Felix, he was in the center of the living room dancing with a group of girls who were (to my charging) getting a little too handsy for my liking. I pushed my way through people, none of them seeming to mind considering how far gone they were with booze and drugs and approached Felix. I didn't give him time to react before I had him in my grasp for the second time tonight. Now I only hoped I would be able to keep him with me while he recovered from the drug that was running through his system.

Before I could say anything, Felix was pressed up against me with his arms thrown around my neck and grinning up at me. He was sweaty and flushed. I sighed, brushing his sweaty fringe back from his face.

"Why did you leave?" I asked, raising my voice so he would hear me over all this noise.

"I wanted to dance, and you wouldn't let me." I should have figured that would have been his response.

"Okay, you can dance but not out here—"

"Will you dance with me?" He asked excitedly and tightened his arms around my neck.

"Yeah babe, don't you want to dance with him?" The voice was all too familiar and feminine: and their breath hit my ear which had me recoiling away because her hot breath just felt gross.

"Scarlett, what the hell?" I demanded but I didn't dare release Felix from my grip because I will be damned if I lose him in this crowd of people, but I did turn ever so slightly so I could face Scarlett directly.

She, like usual, was dolled up with perfect make-up and was dressed to the nines in a tight, high waisted black leather skirt and a burgundy lacy lowcut tank top. Her strawberry blonde hair was curled and fell around her delicate pale shoulders like a waterfall, and adorning her feet were a pair of black studded heels.

"My, my, still not happy to see me? And what, no introductions with your...friend here?" She asked, tilting her head to get a better look at Felix and how I wanted to turn away and hide him from her.

Not because I was ashamed of him, no, I just didn't want her looking at him. She didn't deserve to look at him, not after this stunt or all the other ones leading up to this shit show.