Chapter Nine

The Cute Weird Boy Will Be Mine

May 18th 2013

_______________________________________

Chapter Nine - Ridley King

''Ridley, your place is absolutely insane!'' Caitlin exclaimed once she seated herself down on the bar stool after she went on a short tour of my apartment and rested her thin pale arms across the white marble counter top of the island.

I leaned all my weight against the large stainless steel fridge behind me, staring right at my cousin for a few moments to take in her words and then gave a quick scan of my living room and kitchen before averting my attention back to Caitlin who was staring at me expectantly and I shrugged. ''Yeah, it's alright, I guess.''

''Alright, he says. Is that because there is no rooftop pool?'' She drawled out sarcastically and now I was amused as I folded my arms across my chest and smirked.

''There is a pool.''

She blinked a few times and seemed to sit up straighter while she asked. ''What? Are you serious?''

''Yeah, it's in the basement.''

''Damn,'' Caitlin muttered. ''This place must cost you a very pretty penny per month.''

''Oh, a very pretty penny indeed.'' I agreed, running a hand through my hair which laid flat over my forehead and I swallowed at my dry throat which had my mind diverting to the remembrance of the few red wine bottles I had left in the fridge to chill earlier today. ''You want some wine? I've only got red.''

She wrinkled her nose and furrowed her light blonde eyebrows while she began tapping the pads of her fingers against the white marble. ''You know I don't like wine, but I will take a glass of orange juice if you got any.''

''You'll like the wine I get.''

''Why, cause it's expensive?''

''Yes.''

She rolled her gray eyes. ''It's fine, Ridley. I'll stick with orange juice.''

''Suit yourself.'' I told her while I opened up a cabinet door by the fridge and pulled down two tall Tiffany crystal wine glasses and placed them on the island counter. Caitlin raised an eyebrow at me in question and I sighed. ''I spent like a hundred and seventy dollars per wine glass, so you're gonna drink orange juice out of said glass and like it.''

She gaped at me. ''A hundred and seventy dollars per glass? Are you serious? How many did you buy?''

''...I got eight.''

''You spent more on wine glasses than I've spent on this year's wardrobe.''

''I admit, purchasing these wine glasses was a bit of a splurge, but they're so nice and the crystal glass is so thin and drinking wine from these glasses taste amazing. You'd see that if you actually drank wine and--''

''Yeah, wine just isn't my thing, Rid, and I don't believe I will ever like it to be honest.''

''It would become your thing after you tasted the wine I buy.'' I assured her because not to toot my own horn or anything but I had superb taste in wine.

''It must be really nice being rich enough to spend over a grand on wine glasses and who knows how much you actually spend on the actual wine to fill said glasses.'' She mused.

I frowned thoughtfully and ran my pointer finger around the lip of the wine glass. ''It is nice to have money to spend and while I can afford to have nice things—money doesn't buy me happiness. Though, it does help me make sure Ethwood stays happy even when I am not around.''