Chapter Fourteen

The Cute Weird Boy Will Be Mine

May 31st 2013

_______________________________________

Chapter Fourteen - Felix Zimmerman

It has now been approximately eight minutes since the end of the day bell rang and instead of going out in search of Ridley in the parking lot like he had instructed me too, I was still inside the boy's washroom, trying to get myself into the right state of mind for this study session.

But how could one, especially myself, get into the right state of mind when the person you were going to tutor was thee one and only, Ridley King. He was the hottest singer/songwriter, teenage heartthrob, and well known serial heart breaker in this day and age.

He had literally come out of nowhere, released his first mind blowing album and became a household name; all by the age of seventeen.

And now I, Felix Zimmerman, an invisible, weird, high schooler who ate far too much candy and had very awkward social skills was going tutor said household name.

Nine minutes.

Oh, I really had to get to the parking lot and meet with Ridley, but my butt stayed glued to the lid of the toilet seat. I heaved out a quiet sigh and ran my sweaty palms over my track pant covered thighs repetitively while the bundle of nerves in my stomach continued to churn in my gut, making me feel more nauseous than anxious. And because I was feeling nauseous, my hairline was beginning to prickle with sweat.

I could only imagine how I looked while this build up of anxiety launched it's attack on me.

Probably really flushed and shiny with sweat.

Ten minutes.

I whimpered and tentatively stood to my feet and exited from the stall. I made my way over to one of the four sinks and proceeded to wash my sweaty hands. I avoided looking at my reflection in the smudgy mirror that hung on the light green wall at all costs because I didn't want to confirm just how haggard my appearance turned due to anxiety.

I dried my hands a little too thoroughly with the brown napkins from the dispenser before I tossed the used, mangled napkins into the overflowing trash bin and departed from the washroom. The hallway was void of activity, which was a rare thing, but considering how long ago the end of the day bell rang, students had all too eagerly left to enjoy the rest of their Friday.

The sound of my footsteps echoed throughout the hall, giving the school hallway (one I've walked through many times) an eerie and almost haunting vibe which did not help with my anxious state, so I picked up my pace and hurried out the door that led to the back parking lot.

There were only a few cars left in the lot, so I didn't exactly have to make much of an effort to find the sleek black Suburban, Ridley was currently leaned up against, wearing a pair of black sunglasses with his lanky bare arms crossed over his chest, and he looked positively angelic.

I stumbled with my footing as I slowly approached him. He didn't seem to have taken notice of me, which gave me the opportunity to drink in his breathtaking profile. His platinum blonde hair was nicely disheveled and his pale skin made him look like he was carved from the finest of marble. He wore a tight fitted black v-neck, shredded light washed jeans and a pair of loosely tied black combat boots.

Ridley turned his head ever so slightly in my direction and smiled a white toothy smile. My breath caught in my throat and to my utter embarrassment and startling horror, I tripped and fell, causing a mangled yelp to escape as I went down, landing on my hands and knees with a 'oomph'.