Chapter Six

The Cute Weird Boy Will Be Mine

May 11th 2013

_______________________________________

Chapter Six - Felix Zimmerman

The minute my alarm clock went off at seven in the morning, I was was already awake.

I sat up in my bed and I stretched my arms up over my head while releasing a long overdue yawn before I turned off the repetitive beeping that blared from the small device which sat inanimate on my nightstand and then promptly clambered out of bed in nothing but a pair of white briefs and got ready for the school day ahead of me.

Once my morning routine in the bathroom which involved my hygiene was taken care of, I got dressed in a pair of black track pants with a vertical white line on each side and pulled on a clean black tee shirt that had two large mickey mouse hands on the front in the shape of a heart.

I departed from my bedroom and walked down the short hallway that led to the front hall and off to my right was the large doorway that led into the small open kitchen where Grams sat at the oak wooden kitchen table in a violet night gown, sipping at a light green mug full of steaming tea.

''Morning, dear,'' Grams greeted, setting her tea cup down while I filled a bowl up with Cinnamon Toast Crunch and added in some milk I gotten out from the fridge. ''You should start eating a healthier cereal for breakfast, Felix.''

I scrunched up my nose because what was considered healthy cereal was gross and usually tasted like cardboard. ''I like this cereal.''

''That's because it's all sugar,'' Grams mused before she sighed quietly. ''I shouldn't keep buying it for you or you'll get morbidly obese or something...''

I smiled at that and brought my bowl over to the table and sat down directly across from Grams before digging a clean silver spoon into my milky cereal and spooned the large bite into my mouth and hummed contently which earned a slight head shake from Grams.

''You'll still love me if I'm fat, Grams.'' I commented.

''Of course I'll always love you, dear, no matter what, but I just want you to be healthy and with all that candy you eat...'' Grams trailed off with a frown which in turn made me frown. ''You're gonna cut back, okay? I don't want you getting sick on me now and there will be more vegetables in your meals that you will eat, Felix. Especially broccoli.''

I wrinkled my nose and swallowed the bite in my mouth. ''I hate broccoli.''

''It's either broccoli or cauliflower.''

I sighed and pressed my cheek against the palm of my hand as I spooned another bite of cereal into my mouth and chewed before swallowing. ''I'll take broccoli over cauliflower any day.''

''Me too.'' Grams admitted after a moment before adding. ''Cauliflower tastes like dirt.''

I laughed quietly at her words and agreed with her before we lapsed into comfortable silence while I finished off my cereal and she finished up her tea before I took my bowl and her cup over and loaded them into the empty dishwasher.

''You look very handsome today.''

I could feel my cheeks start to heat up and I muttered. ''You tell me that everyday.''

''That's because I don't want you to ever forget.'' Another thing she told me everyday, but I didn't comment and instead ambled over and pressed a swift kiss to her time worn wrinkled cheek. She reached up and her thick with arthritis hands cupped my own cheeks between her warm hands before she pressed her own kiss to my forehead. ''You have an amazing day at school.''