Chapter Twenty-Four

The Cute Weird Boy Will Be Mine

June 11th 2013

_______________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Four - Felix Zimmerman

I didn't understand how people could be so cruel.

I didn't understand how children could be so cruel.

I had never done anything to that group of freshmen. I minded my own business and kept to myself and yet, since the beginning of their first year they had managed to paint a giant target on my back.

At first, I remember they'd walk pass me and laugh, and fine, okay I could deal with that. I've been laughed at all my life, but then they started to progress, and it started getting worse. They no longer continued to walk pass me, but instead they'd stop and harass me. They would call me every name in the book and yeah, it'd hurt my feelings, but I reasoned that they were just immature children.

Only, it started to get even worse. Something I didn't want to believe would happen. They were getting more aggressive with their attacks on me. It was getting psychical and they thought it was the funniest thing in the world.

Even with Danny pulling that switchblade on them; it didn't scare them away from their cruelty which didn't give me much hope on what would.

I wanted them to stop. I needed them to just stop. To cease their one-sided war on me.

I didn't want them to break me down to the point where I thought I would have to fight back with violence. I wasn't a violent or threatening person... I was just Felix. I had Autism sure, but that didn't define me as a person nor should it have given them a reason to bully me.

I was more than my Autism. So much more.

I didn't want their bullying to change me like it had changed Danny.

But today, their attack on me was different. It was so much crueler and more humiliating then what they've ever done to me. They found me at my locker and had dragged me into that washroom while the few students wandering halls for lunch watched on like bystanders.

No one made any move to stop them.

Then I was alone with them.

They called me names like usual, roughed me up before Tom decided it would be funnier to have me remove my clothes. At that point I knew I had to escape but it wasn't that easy. There was three of them and yes, they were younger then me, but I was outnumbered, and I didn't want to hurt them.

I didn't want them to hurt me either.

I just wanted to eat the lunch Grams had packed me. It was my favorite today, roast beef on white bread with BBQ sauce, lettuce and cheese. Side of apple slices with chocolate chips and cookies for dessert.

I had been so excited for lunch and they ruined it. Why did they ruin today for me?

Tears started to pool in my eyes again, so I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting to start crying again. I curled even closer into the passenger door, just wanting to be home already so I could hide away.

Plus, I didn't want to cry anymore in front of Ridley. I was already embarrassed enough. I'd let myself cry till I fell asleep when I was safe and alone in my bedroom.

The car came to a halt, and I opened my eyes to see Ridley had parked in the driveway. He hadn't said anything the whole car ride here and neither did I. The ride had been silent with not even the radio playing.