Chapter Five

The Cute Weird Boy Will Be Mine

May 8th 2013

_______________________________________

Chapter Five - Ridley King

The silence of my new apartment caused my ears to ring, but I opted to ignore the ringing in favor of bringing the tall bottle of some expansive red wine up to my mouth and took an eager few gulps and savored the bitter yet sweet flavor that assaulted my taste buds and caused a warmth and fuzziness to spread across my mind and body.

I kept the neck of the bottle clasped between my fist while I brought my other free hand up and wiped the back of my mouth before the bottle found it's way back and I took another large mouthful which I swallowed down in one gulp and it was enough to keep me in a buzz like state to help me get through the day.

I sat the open, half empty bottle down on the white marble counter of my kitchen before I closed it off with a fancy crystal wine topper.

''Boop.'' I muttered as I tapped my pointer finger against the smooth plain of the topper, internally debating with myself if I should take another few sips of the delicious adult fruit juice, but instantly decided against doing so because it was around six or so on a Monday morning and indulging myself with an entire bottle of wine for breakfast was just utterly sad and very depressed housewife.

''I will see you after school.'' I told the inanimate bottle of wine as I picked it up and placed in my very empty fridge before I made my way through the living room and down the short hallway and entered my bedroom.

The blanket and sheets on my bed were disheveled from the attempt I had made around midnight to get some shut eye, but I had gotten none due to the fact I hadn't adjusted to being in a new place. I knew I could expect a few more restless nights over the course of the next few weeks while I did adjust to the place I would be calling home.

I left my disheveled bed, well disheveled and stripped out of the boxer briefs which were the only article of fabric I wore to keep me decent before I made my way into the blindingly white bathroom for a much needed shower because I knew for a fact I smelt absolutely fucking terrible.

It took me a few minutes to figure out the shower which had like ten different settings and that was ridiculous, but I finally managed for it to stop spraying water at me from every goddamn direction and settled on a regular shower setting that rain down from one shower head.

I took my time washing my hair and body before I shut the water off with little error. I stepped out with a billow of steam trailing out behind me and wrapped a plush white towel around my waist while I used a small hand towel to rub over my soaking wet hair.

I stalked over towards the counters and stood directly in front of the large mirror that hung on the wall above the sink and I grimaced at the bruised like bags underneath my eyes and averting my gaze upwards ever so slightly, I took notice of the waywardness of my hair which was damp and sticking up in all directions and that wouldn't do. So, I got to work brushing it out while blow drying and once it was dry, I used some gel to style my hair up in a quiff like Dawn had showed me.

Quiff was such a funny word. I mused as I began brushing my teeth to rid the smell of the wine I had drank for breakfast before I left the bathroom and strolled through my bedroom and into my walk in closet where I gathered up a decent outfit which consisted of a pair of light blue shredded skinny jeans and a maroon colored v-neck I had fished out from one of my many luggage bags before I found some clean boxer briefs and a pair of mismatch socks.

I took my time and dressed before I left my bedroom after pocketing my cellphone which I had left charging on my nightstand.

I only had one text message and it was from Panda who was informing me that he was pulling the Suburban up to the front of the building and expected me to be down there half past seven so I'd get to school on time and considering the school building was half an hour away, it made sense.