Chapter Eight

The Cute Weird Boy Will Be Mine

May 17th 2013

_______________________________________

Chapter Eight - Felix Zimmerman

Having lunch with this new group of people I'd like to call friends was...weird.

Not a bad weird, but a good weird.

There was Wind, Ryder, Carmen and on some occasions Wind's older brother Cloud joined the table, but he mostly stayed quiet which wasn't unusual because he had always been the quiet type for as long as I could remember which was back in the early years of elementary school and he was a loner.

Not by choice, but people avoided him like the plague because of all the rumors which he never confirmed or denied and while I was curious about the truth, I could never bring myself to ask Wind about the plenty of rumors that involved his brother because it wasn't really any of my business and I didn't want to be nosy.

And because of how dark the rumors were, I didn't think I'd like the truth.

I mean, even I knew those rumors didn't just come from thin air.

Wind and Cloud's father was dead from a bullet wound to the head, but it was the question of who put it there and everyone seemed to believe it was Cloud and like I said earlier—he never confirmed or denied the rumors that involved him.

But after years of being practically shunned by his peers, he met a boy named Terrance Archibald. Now I had never met the guy who had managed to capture Cloud Stryker's attention, but from the few times Wind has mentioned Terrance—he only had good things to say until he began comparing his brother's relationship with his own.

Because no one was better than Ryder Benjamin in Wind's eyes and I admit, I was envious of their relationship together.

Not that I had some secret crush on Wind because that wasn't the case. My feelings for Wind were strictly platonic and I couldn't be more happy for him to have found love with Ryder, even if that meant him spending more of his free time with his boyfriend and less time with myself.

But in the public eye, Ryder and Wind weren't boyfriends.

No, instead they were friends which brings me to Carmen.

She was head over heels in love with Ryder. It was painfully obvious and I knew she loved Ryder just as much as Wind did, but she didn't know the boy she was in love with was in the closet (a very odd expression) and in a secret gay relationship.

She had no idea and from what I had gathered, Cloud didn't seem to know Ryder and Wind were an item either, so at least Carmen wasn't alone, but then again, Cloud wasn't exactly in love with Ryder...or was he? That would be a serious plot twist.

It would go from being a love triangle to being a love square with me watching on the sidelines.

I mused that thought for a few moments before I pushed the thought to the back of my mind and instead I shifted my eyes between the people I considered to be my friends. Cloud wasn't seated at the table today but Wind, Ryder and Carmen were and I couldn't help but smile because before Wind came into my life, my social life was pretty non-existent and that wasn't from my lack of trying to befriend people either, but making friends was hard.

I had even signed up for the lunch buddy program back in freshman year, but that didn't really turn out so well. I had signed up for receiving a buddy or two, but instead they had mistaken me for a buddy and I was handed off to this group of senior girls who undermined me and assumed me to be stupid.