Chapter Twenty-One

The Cute Weird Boy Will Be Mine

June 4th 2013

_______________________________________

Chapter Twenty-One - Ridley King

I don't think I've ever felt more uncomfortable in my life, and that's saying something considering I was probably uncomfortable at least three times a day.

But today, at this very moment took the crown.

There was tension between everyone in the moving and very, very enclosed vehicle. Panda has been silent. That wasn't much of a shock because the man never had much to say to begin with but I could just feel the disappointment radiate from his very being and to add salt to the wound, he'd often glance at me through the rear view mirror and hold my gaze.

And dammit, just more disappointment in those dark eyes of his.

I found myself shifting in my seat and chanced a glance at Felix. He was silent as well and kept his body curled as far away from me as he could muster; by pressing up against the door and faced the window. Not sparing me a single glance. In fact, he was probably just imaging I wasn't even present to begin with.

I kept opening my mouth to say something, to break the awkward silence but I didn't know what to say. He had to know I was leaning into kiss him. There was no other explanation and honestly, I didn't want him to think there was. I wanted him to know I wanted to kiss him and I would have if we hadn't been interrupted by Panda.

God, the man had the worst timing. As if he heard my thought, I could feel his gaze turn back onto me. I returned his gaze and sheepishly thought, sorry.

''Felix, what's your house number?'' Panda asked, seeming to startle Felix from his own thoughts he had been lost in.

''Oh, uh, 84. J-just on the right there.''

Panda nodded his head, slowing the vehicle down to stop and idled at the end of the driveway outside Felix's house. I glanced out the window to look at his house. It was a tiny one story house with red brick and white siding and a small unkept garden out front.

I heard him undoing his seat belt and I jolted, quickly turning my gaze onto him and hurried to say wait! whilst undoing my own seat belt and made my exit from the vehicle and walked around back towards Felix's side. I opened the door for him and offered my hand to help him down.

''I don't need help.'' He mumbled before he got out on his own.

I swallowed and nodded, shooting at look towards Panda who was blatantly watching the whole ordeal without shame. Felix started off in the direction of his front door and I hurried after, wanting to talk to him without Panda eavesdropping.

''Felix, hey, wait, can we talk?'' I asked, catching up to him. He stopped and stood with his back to me on the small porch, outside the bright red front door. He slumped inwards as he slowly turned around, but didn't quite look at me. ''About what happened in the washroom--''

''Nothing happened in the washroom.''

I frowned and scratched the side of my head. ''Well, what was about to happen--''

''Ridley, stop, please.'' My frown deepened if at all possible and now he looked at me, his eyes were reddening and his lips trembling. ''We're friends and-and I don't want to lose you as my friend. I don't really have...have many, you know? So, don't say anything else, we'll forget this whole day. It was a mess, huh?''

''What?'' I asked quietly, not understanding how he could want to just forget this day because I certainly didn't.

Tears were gathering in his eyes now but he hastily wiped them away and sniffled. ''I need to go inside--''